𝔸 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕀𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

It's been a whole year since that fateful night. The four of us have continued to travel from Kingdom to Kingdom. We only have mere weeks until we return to Kaer Morhen for the winter.

During the past year, I have been in charge of the cooking and caring for Roach, Jaskier was tasked with cleaning our clothing and gracing us with his songs. Ciri is responsible for getting our dinners each night while Geralt brought in the coin with his monster hunting. Our little group worked.

We had reached Rinde late last night and thankfully, managed to find an inn that had two rooms left. Geralt promptly ordered Ciri and Jaskier into one room before taking my hand and pulling me into the other room.

"Good night, Aunt Y/N!"

Ciri calls out as their door closes. I sigh as Geralt closes the door to our room, immediately discarding of his armour. He was tired and sore from his last fight with a monster that I couldn't remember the name of.

"You're overworking yourself again."

I tell him, watching as he plops down onto the bed and reaches down to take off his boots. I sigh and approach him, climbing onto the bed behind him and placing my hands onto his shoulders and working my fingers into his knots.

He grunts in pleasure and leans back against me as I work. I smile and press my lips to the top of his hair.

"You are good to me."

He comments and I smile, my cheeks heating up in a blush. After a few minutes of blissful silence, I hear heavy snores coming out of his mouth and I frown, only just noticing the full weight of his body against mine as he fell to sleep against me.

With a smile, I gently lower him onto the mattress, placing a pillow under his head before covering him with the blanket.

I get myself ready for bed before curling up beside him, his arm wrapping around my waist instinctively.

🐺

When I wake up the next morning, I am alone in bed. Geralt side was still warm, meaning he wasn't far gone.

I get myself up and dressed before grabbing my things and making my way out of the room. I make my way down stairs where I can hear Jaskier and Ciri talking.

As I reach the bottom of the steps, I see Jaskier and Ciri eating breakfast while Geralt sat beside them, drinking ale. With a sigh, I make my way over to them.

"Morning."

I say, taking a seat beside Ciri as Geralt is sat beside Jaskier. Ciri turns to me with a smile while Jaskier nods in my direction.

"Aunt Y/N! Did you sleep well? Do you want some breakfast?"

She asks and I send her a smile, but, shake my head.

"I'm not that hungry, thank you, Ciri."

I say and she frowns. This catches the attention of Geralt, who raises his eyes to look at me. I look back at him.

"You not eating?"

He asks, but, I shake my head, immediately wincing at the pain. Yep, my headaches are still a thing until I can learn to fully master my powers.

"Herbs?"

Geralt asks, but, once again, I lightly shake my head. He sighs, downing the rest of his ale before standing up. He grabs his sword and trots out of the inn, all of us confused as we watch after him.

"Where is he going?"

Jaskier asks.

"I wish I knew."

I say before accepting the water that Ciri had offered me.

🐺

Just over an hour later, Geralt returns. Ciri and Jaskier were playing a game of sorts while I sat in the darkest corner of the inn with a book Ciri had lent me and a tankard of tea.

Geralt spots me and immediately makes a beeline for me. I look up as he approaches and offer him a smile.

He plops a huge bag of herbs onto the table and my eyes widen as he sits beside me and motions for a tankard of ale. I pick it up.

"Geralt, this must have cost a fortune!"

I exclaim and he shrugs, pulling me to his side where he kisses my temple.

"Hopefully, this will last you for our travels."

He says and I frown, turning to him as his ale appears.

"Travels?"

I ask him and he nods, lifting the tankard to his lips.

"Now that Cintra has been rebuilt and Ciri can return, we are taking her home, taking you home. Whatever powers you possess, answers lie there... Queen."

He says and I sigh, glancing over at Ciri.

"I guess I had to claim my throne sooner or later. I will say this, Geralt. No matter what happens, us four are sticking together. I love you and I'll be damned if I'm told to marry another. If anyone is going to be King of Cintra, it'll be Geralt Of Rivia."

I ramble on before freezing, realising what I had said. Before I could correct myself, Geralt kisses me, his hand cupping my jaw.

"I don't know how Cintra will feel about a Witcher King, but, if it means I get to stay with you and with Ciri, I'll take it."

He says and I smile, kissing him again.

"Am I really going home?"

Ciri's voice questions and we pull away to see her and Jaskier standing in front of us. Geralt nods.

"It's time."

He says and Ciri smiles happily while Jaskier shrugs.

"I guess a palace is slightly better than a forest floor."

He says and I giggle.