Part 9

Mias POV:
'Rafe, what are we?' I asked, breaking the silence we'd been sat in in the car.

'I dunno, Mia.' He sighed, not breaking eye contact with the road.

'Okay.' I said, barely above a whisper, trying to hide my frustration.

'I don't think I can risk hurting you any more. If we're not together, it won't hurt as bad.' He replied, running his hand along my leg.

I pushed it away, angry with his logic.

'Well I'm sorry Rafe Cameron, but if you can't let your feelings win for once, then I never want you to get mad at me speaking to a boy again.' I muttered, leaning my head against the window.

'No, you know this, nobody else can touch you.' He said, protectively.

'Why not?! It's not exactly like you want to be with me Rafe, I refuse to sit back and wait for you any longer, it's not fair.' I replied, turning to glare at him.

'Fuck.' He muttered under his breath, stopping the car outside of his house and punching the dashboard.

'I'm gonna go to my house okay?' I asked, undoing my seatbelt and opening the door.
'Mia, wait.' He said softly, reaching for my hand. I ignored him, and got out of the car completely.

'Fuck, come back!' He shouted, stopping me completely.

'Just let me get my shit together, okay? I want to give you a life you deserve and I can't do that right now.' He said, nervously looking between me and my house.

'Goodnight, Rafe.' I smiled softly, giving up almost completely and heading into my own home.

Wheezie was still there, as Ward was on business, so I knew that Rafe would find his way back into my house, I just hoped he'd stay away from my room.

I heard him slam his door shut, locking it and putting his keys in his pocket.

'Fuck, Mia, wait.' He called after me, jogging to catch up and putting his arm around my waist.

'It's not fair, Rafe, surely you understand that.' I whispered softly, putting my hand on his shoulder and turning to face him.

He nodded slowly, running his hand through his hair.

'I understand if you wanna move on, I get I've not been fair to you, but ill always love you, and I'll always be here if you wanna come back.' He replied, finally, letting a look of defeat wash over him.

I shook my head slowly.

'I don't want to move on Rafe. I just want you to be ready for me. And until then, it'd make it so much easier for me if you don't act like my boyfriend.' I said, letting him walk with me into my house.

'I can do that.' He smiled, relieved.

'I've waited 19 years I'm not sure how much longer I can do.' I whispered, treading carefully along the wooden floorboards up the stairs.

'It won't be much longer, princess, just let me get this gold safely to the plane and I'm all yours.' He responded, closing the door behind us when we got into my room, taking off his tshirt.

I tried to stop myself from looking at him but failed, catching his smirk as he saw that I was staring.

'Friends don't look at eachother that way.' He whispered, getting into bed besides me and wrapping his arm around my body.

'Good job were not just friends.' I smiled, drifting asleep in his arms.

——

'Hey, wake up, we're going golfing with topper and Kelce.' Rafe smiled, moving me softly to try and wake me up.