-chapter five

note; i know i said i'll be on a aqueduct but this part of the selection really needs to be told from a selected's point of view!!

cora willow's point of view

I get off of the airplane, almost dizzy because that was my first time flying.

And, if I can help it, my last.

I walk behind Belle Hendrix from Demonica, who is nice enough but doesn't say much and keeps to herself. I respect this about her, however, because I do the same thing.

Valentina is hesitant behind me, but I can guarantee she is not as hesitant as me.

Leaf, however, the fourth person on the ride with us, skips around the carpet and signs autographs where he can.

I run a hand down my face. I really should have never applied for this stupid Selection.

I hear Valentina sigh behind me, going to go wave to some people while we walk.

I do the same thing, but keep a very safe distance because I do not want to get stuck having a conversation.

I can see the cameras out of the sides of my eyes, and although making me paranoid, they push me to go sign some autographs.

It's nice that people came out here to support me, but I doubt it's about their support for me if not Hansport.

As we reach the end of the carpet, a few aides help us to the Palace gates and lead us inside.

Immediately as we go inside the place is loud, bustling with makeup and camera crews and whatever you could imagine. We are the fourth group of people to get here.

Leaf is whisked away by a producer leading him to the men's parlour, while Belle and I are asked about our comfortability residing in the Women's Room for the makeovers.

Belle and I assure the makeup artist that we will be fine in the Women's Room, and we are led that way along with Valentina.

As I walk in, there is a lot going on but at the same time absolutely nothing at all.

There are around 6 girls in here, and they don't even take up half of the space, even that is including all of the hairstylists, makeup artists, and whoever else.

There is one girl with bright pink hair, who I remember as Amber Solace, who is brightly smiling at herself in the mirror next to the recruit from Angeles.

I overhear her hairstylist above her say,

"I know you're attached to the pink, but unfortunately you can't keep any 'unnatural colors'. I'd like to argue that self expression is completely normal, but of course my opinion doesn't matter." Amber laughs with the hairstylist.

"So, are we thinking a bright red? Just to give you that sense while still keeping it natural range?" I hear Amber respond with a bit, "Yes!" however that is when I stop listening because a hairstylist of my own is taking me in.

She seats me in a chair and looks at me from all angles. They take me to a white canvas, and take a few before photos so that they can compare my before and after makeover.

"So, sweetheart, when you got this cut, it was a bob?"

"Yes, it was."

"How long has it been since then?"

"Around six months."

"Perrfect. So, how do we feel about extensions? We can go just for tonight or we can keep them in if you want, of course, you'd have to put them in and out. Or, we could just cut the split ends, but that would be dreadfully boring. Don't you agree?"

I kind of stop listening and only nod along where I need to, not objecting to anything but when the makeup artist attempts to paint my nails bright red.

A few more rounds of people come in, and eventually we are all at different stages in the makeover.

Eventually, I get to pick out my dress, which I am very happy with.

It's quite form fitting, and it is a dark blue with black lace embellishments in it. A girl beside me named Blair complements the dress and tells me how good I will look in it.

"You think so? Thank you!"

"Of course! I can tell you have a really good sense of style."

"You too!" I say, pointing to the peach dress that is made of tulle and some other fabric I can't recognize. I wasn't lying, either, the dress is extremely pretty.

"Thank you! You know, I think we're gonna be good friends." She stated matter-of-factly.

"Yeah," I agreed, happy to at least have made one kind-of alliance instead of a bunch of no alliances.

After that, we all got dressed in our dresses and fixed up our hair and makeup for one last time.

They then rounded us up and took all of the after pictures.

"What time is it?" A hairstylist calls to a producer who just dipped in here to see how everything is going.

"6'oclock." The producer calls back.

"Perfect." They then explained to us that all of the footage we had just
taken would be released and shown at tommorow night's Report, and that we would be able to watch the footage then.

They also explained to us that tommorow night will be our debut and our introduction to the public and the prince and princess.

Blair can see my nervousness and pats me on the back. It'll be fine.

Right?

VOTE!

GREYSON MASSEY - LIKELY

BLAIR BARLOWE - KENT

CORA WILLOWS - HANSPORT

VALENTINA SILVIUS - DENBEIGH

LYRIC CONCENTIO - CAROLINA

FAYLA EVERLY - SOTA

ALINKA GRACE - ANGELES

ARSENIO BLACK - ST. GEORGE

ANTONIO PERETTI - WAVERLY

NICOLAS DIOR - BAFFIN