chapter three

"Alright Parker! Let's see what you got!" To say that Gruden was in a better mood, would be a damn lie, he just wasn't having her do anymore conditioning. Playing with the straps on the side of her helmet, she pushed them in before Daniel Carlson, Raiders kicker tossed her a football.

In her zone, she took a couple steps forward before swinging her right leg back and kicking it just where she wanted it at.

It was a perfect kick.

Just in between the third and fourth yard line.

Jon huffed. Beginners luck. "Again."

And so the same outcome, "again."

Every time he wanted her punt the ball again, it was the same result, between the third and fourth yard line on the opposite side of the field.

On the twenty punt, everyone was convinced. Finally.

"Wooo-we! Hell yeah! Look at that perfect ball placement! Good job Parker!" Interim Coach and special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia was excited to see such talent. "Now do a cool down lap. Mr. Mark Davis would like to speak to you."

Unease about what the Owner of the team wanted to discuss with her, she took her cool down lap before grabbing all her gear.

"Great kicks kid, don't forget to stretch, see ya tomorrow."  Byron Storer, the assistant special teams coach pat her on the top of her helmet "Got it sir, thank you."

She jogged over to the locker room to store her gear away before heading over to Mark Davis' office. Taking deep breaths as she made her way closer to his office, Reese tried to think of every possibility of why he needed to talk to her.

"Hello Ms. Parker, here for your meeting with Mr. Davis?" A woman, no older than forty was sitting at the desk in the middle of the room.

Nodding, she responded "yes ma'am."

"Lovely, the office to the left."

Saying 'thank you', Reese walked over to Mark Davis office before knocking on the door.

"Come in."

Opening up the door, Reese shut the door before her as she slid her duffle bag on the floor neatly next to the chair she stood at "You wanted to speak to me sir?"

"Ah yes, Ms. Parker, take a seat," doing so, she sat up straight in her seat "So, Coach Olson came to my office yesterday and told me about Gruden behavior at practice yesterday..."

Oh.

"and I wanted to apologize about his behavior, and I've already addressed him. I do not condone such an environment." Wow, that shocked her. Mark Davis and Jon Gruden were known to be great friends for YEARS especially when Marks father, Al Davis was still alive.

Realizing she was lost in her own thoughts, she needed to say something "oh, I don't know what to say sir." She nervously chuckled.

"You don't have to, but I've been around for a long time to know how women are treated in sports entertainment now, and now you are breaking glass ceilings in THE man's sport. I know you've dealt with it your whole life, but I want you to know that I support you and will continue to do so. So the next time someone belittles or degrades you, let me know."

Oh wow.

"Thank you sir." Was all she could say, having someone in your corner in this industry was rare, especially in her car.

Nodding, he smiled before changing the subject "also, the commissioner and myself request that you get an agent. Your world is going to change drastically if it hasn't already and having an agent will make your life easier. If you'd like, Derek Carr has been in the league for quite some time, and he knows a lot of agents out there."