nothing is as it seems

Girl Meets World Fanfiction "nothing is as it seems"
Summary: WerewolfAU. What do a star football player, an artist, a theater kid, a genius, a cheerleader, and the cheerleader's older brother all have in common?/ Or, Maya Hunter has been forced to live with her uncle following the sudden death of her parents. She finds herself in a small town just outside of NYC. And for the first few months, life is relatively calm. Until, she is threatened by a bully and saved by the school golden girl. Now she finds herself helping the werewolves that attend her school every full moon. And along the way, she and her new friends will face her uncle, his creepster friend and lizard creatures just to name a few.  Maya-centric.
Rated:
Genres: Friendship, Drama, Supernatural.
Warnings: Suggestive Language, Violence, Mentions of Rape,
Disclaimer: I do not own Girl Meets World, Batman, Goldfish Crackers.

Act One
Maya enters her home, softly closing the door behind her. She looks around, seeing no one else. She pulls her book bag up her shoulder, clutching her sketch pad. She tiptoes across the foyer to the spiral staircase. She really didn't want to face her uncle tonight, or any night, or any time of day. Being forced to attend human school was not something she would have wanted, but it was better than she thought it would be. Losing her parents was bad. But being placed into the custody of her mother's estranged brother was a nightmare. Over the course of the last few months, she could easily see why her mother had cut contact with him. She had only seen him once before then, and she was just a small child. All she really remembered was seeing him and her mother arguing, before her father had blocked her view.

While staying in a house this big would be a dream for most kids her age. Her uncle's presence ruined it. He only let her leave the house for school, and he himself never left the house. They were both witches, so they could just conjure up anything they needed. And she doubted he had friends. She was new to school, and couldn't leave the house, so she had no friends. She reaches the top of the stairs finally. She was so close. She looks behind her, down the other end of the hallway.

"What are you doing?"

She jumps, turning around to see her uncle standing in front of her. His signature frown was fixed onto his face, and she had to resist the urge to grimace at the distinct smell of raw onions. "Uncle Roderick, I was just going to my room. I have homework."

Roderick narrows his eyes, getting uncomfortably close to her face. He says slowly, most likely knowing that there was no possible argument. "Okay."

His breath matches the smell of his body, and he luckily pulls back. "Just don't go outside. It's a full moon tonight. You know what happens on a full moon?"

"Is it a full moon?" She lies. She knew very well it was a full moon tonight. The kids at school wouldn't stop talking about it, apparently it had something to do with an urban legend in town. But she had her own reasons to have an interest in the full moon. But she also sure as hell couldn't tell him that. "But I won't go outside."

"Good." Roderick walks past her.

Maya breathes a sigh of relief, rushing into her room.

That night, she waits until her uncle goes to bed to grab her backpack. She stuffs a few things into them, including but not limited to, her sketchbook and some of her other art supplies. She opens her window, throwing her backpack out. It floats in the air, and she jumps down, grabbing the backpack out of the air. She lands on her feet, running into the woods. As she runs, she hears a wolf howl. She smiles, she had to be close.
She keeps running until she sees through the trees, several wolves running around a grass field. She cloaks herself, pushing through the trees. The wolves are below her, as she's standing on a bit of a cliff that slightly obscured her from view. But she couldn't take any chances.