04|

The day seemed to flash by and before I know it the sun was setting behind the trees

The day seemed to flash by and before I know it the sun was setting behind the trees. Lucian had taken me all over the grounds, showing me the forest and the other places the students liked to meet up. It was the perfect day and when it was time to head back to the cottage I almost didn't want to go, the day had been too perfect.

Lucian, the perfect gentleman, walked me right to the front door his wide smile almost brightening the porch as he turned towards me.

"I had a great day," Lucian's voice is deep as he looks me in the eye. A butterfly flutters against my heart and a small smile spreads on my face in response.

"So did I." My voice is low but Lucian's eyes light up at my words. A chuckle escapes his chest very briefly which brings my smile into a wide grin before I can stop it.

I walk towards the door ready to open it but Lucian's hand shoots out and stops me, his grip is loose, letting me know all I have to do is shake it off and he will let go. I spin on my heel instead, facing him and leaning my back against the door.

"Maybe we can hang out tomorrow. I'm sure I can find something I didn't show you today." He winks at me and my cheeks instantly light up.

I want to say yes, I really want to but at the same time something inside me rebels against it. That same something that got me into this mess, to begin with. Thankfully or unfortunately, before I can even open my mouth to respond the door behind me is pulled open and my back falls.

The tiniest squeal of shock escapes me before cold hands reach out and grab me. The hands stop the momentum and then they rest me against the same cold chest. A flash of electricity travels from my back and around my body warming me against the coldness of the person. I turn ever so slightly looking up at the person that saved me and found the boy from the forest. His signature glare on his face but this time it's not turned towards me but to Lucian.

"Sorry to intrude," the boy says politely enough but it's clear he's not sorry at all. I turn to Lucian to see his face wiped off his signature smile and instead a glare is placed there.

"I had overheard your conversation and wanted to inform Ms Young here that Annie had decided to take the day off tomorrow to spend with her." As he talks his hands come forward again pushing me off of his chest, having forgotten completely about me still leaning against him I scramble forward quickly out of his reach and beside Lucian again.

His glare turns to me for a second before flashing back to Lucian.

"Really?" Even though red, hot embarrassment floods my face and cheeks I can't help the excitement bubbling inside of me, a smile quickly taking over my face as I look at the pair.

The boy rolls his eyes but nods all the same.

Lucian turns towards me seeing the happiness inside of me he gives me a wide smile, turning his body ever so slightly to block out the other boy, ready to ignore him.