seven

Lockdown day 3

The report of the first death on the third day of lockdown instilled a deep fear in the hearts of its citizen; a forty-year-old local man who stayed at Rosewood Hotel with his family contracted the virus from an infected person

Sobs and screams of his wife and two young kids turned frenzied in the background when the cameraman showed the black-tinted glass vehicle leaving the hospital for the graveyard; the children yelled: 'dad, come back,' with an ear-piercing shriek.

Jenna's breath caught in her throat; she sniffed and squeezed Harper's hand too hard by mistake.

"Mom"

"I'm sorry."

Shaking her head, she went into the kitchen and returned with some tissue papers to the couch.

Staring at the TV screen and wiping more falling tears, she sighed, "As a devoted wife and mother, this is frightening as it can be; no one can fill that void, those poor kids."

Harper had no words to comfort her weeping mother.

The coiffed blonde news anchor announced that 'contact tracing' has been launched with the medical and police team collaborating for efficient results to combat the virus as well as the capital city of Athador, Wessam has at present a higher number of cases compared to the neighboring town of Sandoria, including two doctors and three nurses; ambulance and police are being called from time to time on the emergency hotline by its concerned and saddened residents.

The vibrant city is no longer recognized.

Drone footage of a clear day with no clouds displayed.

From one far end, where horses grazed in a meadow, to the empty streets, closed boutiques, and thrift shops, the utter lack of vehicles entering the financial hub to the beautiful high branded area where tourists and locals often crammed.

It looked like the aftermath of a -

"It looks like an apocalypse zombie movie," Harry stated from behind, matching her exact opinion.

Startled, Harper faced him and asked, "When did you arrive?"

"A while ago."

"Will you sit?"

"No, I'll watch this bit and return to my room."

"Who would have guessed that the most animated city in Athador would be quiet and dull one day?"

More shots are featured before the news anchor looks down and touches her earpiece.

Glaring at the camera again, she reported.