• chapter two

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝘬𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘴𝘶 𝘯𝘰 𝘺𝘢𝘪𝘣𝘢

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀
𝘬𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘴𝘶 𝘯𝘰 𝘺𝘢𝘪𝘣𝘢

'Me?' Y/N thought to herself. 'Did my aura change that much while I was gone? I mean, it is to be expected, but I thought Shinobu would still be able to recognise me..'

She nearly started shedding comical tears.

Giyuu's quiet voice shook her out of her thoughts, "Can you still move? If so, take your sister and run. I'll hold her off." The burgundy-red haired boy let out a gasp before her shakily stood up on both legs, his little sister still unconscious in his arms.

"Sorry for the trouble, Tomioka-san, Thank you!" He exclaimed before sprinting off as fast as he could. Shinobu stared at his retreating figure whilst Y/N stared at the purple-eyed woman until her gaze fell down to her hand. She still had her ring on, its lavender glow lighting up the darkness around them. She let out a soft smile.

The smile on Shinobu's face was instantly wiped off. "Isn't that against the corps rules?" She asked, turning her attention back to Giyuu, who was now standing with his blade at his side. He never answered back. "You know, someone really close to me once told me that 'instead of continuously mourning, use it as a fuel that will always push you to keep going and get your revenge'." She said. "You're quite open to her too, and she might trust that demon like you do, but I won't. Consider that a warning."

"..."

The female hashira glared at Giyuu before sheathing her katana. "Well, I better get going now. I don't want to waste my precious time watching your utterly useless and pathetic attempt to stall me!" She chirped and turned towards the long gone boy's direction, and jumped off into the trees leaving a secretly dot-eyed Giyuu behind.

He then composed himself and started running after the insect hashira, which the latter started taunting him for. Y/N took that as her cue to finally get up and go after them, without being caught of course. Kagaya was going to hold an early hashira meeting because of this, and that meant it was finally time to make herself known to everyone else once more.

She knew that some of the other hashira would try to kill both the boy and his demon sister since they believe that demons cannot protect humans and fight their kind, since it's impossible. But the whole time Y/N was watching, she never sensed any demonic intentions from her even while she was unconscious. Instead, her aura felt like one of a young girl, about 12 years old if she had to guess. Next time she sees her, she'll definitely give her a big cuddle.

Jumping from tree to tree, she finally came across the boy who was still running with his sister, though she was now awake. She could hear his shallow and ragged breaths with every step he took, his injuries definitely weren't helping with this shitty situation. Seeing a figure of a girl in the trees watching him run, Y/N stopped on the branch she was on and stared at her. It was the other girl she considered her younger sister, Kanao. Her usually gentle, purple eyes were full of concentration like they always were whenever she was given an order. She was bent down like she was about to pounce on the boy, which she did.