Chapter 3: Quarrel and Envy

Extra long chapter here y'all so buckle up.

"...Are ya gonna get out or not, human? Cause' I ain't gonna sit here all day." Mammon urged.

*****

"A-ah.. Right, sorry."

I slid across my seat and found the handle. Carefully opening the door and observing my surroundings. I'm stepping on what feels like scattered gravel on soft ground. I hear wind and crows cawing. It's still warm but colder than the inside of the limo.

I hear Mammon slide out, and dart my eyes in his general direction.

"Let's go... y-y/n." Mammon said, extra quiet on the last part.

I nodded and followed the sound of his footsteps.

When we got inside the House of Lamentation, I noticed a huge change in aura. Outside felt eerie, but in here it's comfortable and warm. This new beginning is going well so far.

Mammon explains that this is the house for RAD student council members, and that Diavolo has his own grand mansion. Since he's a prince and all that makes sense.

He begins to show me the way to my room. I didn't notice we were walking up stairs so I tripped. Mammon grumbled, and helped me up. Maybe I can't take care of myself just fine. I thanked him and got up. As we continued walking up Mammon said that if I ever see an angry demon to run or die. So, not great, but glad he told me nonetheless.

"How about this, I vote for you to die Mammon."

——

"D'ah... Levi...." Mammon said with surprise and disappointment. "... Uh l-listen up, human! This is here is Leviathan, avatar of envy. But you can just call him Levi since his name is kinda hard to say. He's the third oldest of us brothers." Mammon quickly summed up.

Levi and Mammon very quickly started bickering. Levi's livid because Mammon owes him money, and it seems this has went on for 260 years so that's probably not ever going to be resolved. Sounds like Levi wants it for an anime thing, we should get along ok, since I like listening to it.

I take some time to feel out my surroundings a bit while their arguing. By moving my foot around a bit I can feel that there's a rug on hard wood floor, not really helpful but info nonetheless. The stairs feel harder, smooth concrete or marble maybe. I'll have to be careful not to slip again.

My mind starts to wander back to what I was doing before I was brought here. It's hazy, like a dream. No family who loved me, no friends who liked me, not a person in the world who cared about my existence. I remember going into a bar, I didn't go alone but I ended up alone.  Except- A voice abruptly brought me back to consciousness. "Listen human, you remember my advice earlier when a demon is about to attack? Well, that's about to happen so it's either you or me, and it's sure as hell ain't gonna be me." Mammon shouted as he ran.

"Wh.. dammit, Mammon! That ass he ran off."
Levi sputtered. "Do you realize what just happened? Mammon used you as a distraction to get away from me, or maybe I should say he used you as a sacrifice." He continued.

" Maybe, but you didn't sound angry enough to randomly attack." You replied carefully.

"...Eh? I guess, but Mammon's still one of the scummiest scumbags you'll ever meet." Levi mumbled back. " This is exactly why humans are-" Levi paused.