carnival date<3 - Bree and Sel

I haven't done a only Bree and Sel one here so here we goooo (no angst, just happiness) 

"Tell me I'm your national anthem..." National Anthem, by Lana Del Rey.

"Why are we here?" Sel asked, as they were waiting in line.

"This is a date. At a Carnival." Bree repeated the millionth time that day.

"I know. But why? " Sel asked, causing Bree to roll her eyes.

"Because I want to go. And you want to go, because I said so, clear?" Bree said, making sure she sends Sel her best 'I will kill you if you argue' look, which made him finally shut up.

When Alice showed her the announcement for the carnival earlier that week, Bree thought it was a good place for a date, since neither of them really got the enjoy one when they were kids. Bree's mother never liked going because of all the dangerous rides, not to mention how crowded everything was, and Davis thought it the whole point of a carnival was useless, so this could be a great experience for both Bree and Sel.

"Two tickets, please." Bree said, handing the lady 10 dollars.

——

"Why would anybody like such—such things? " Sel asked, referring to the clown handing balloons to kids in front of them.

"No idea." Bree said. "You want a balloon, though?"

"I'm not five." Sel said, crossing his arms. "But fine, but you go and buy them. I'm not going anywhere near that thing."

"Oh, come on." Bree said. "It's not gonna eat you alive. Look, the kids like him." Then, Bree pointed at the long line of children surrounding the clown, each holding a balloon. Then, she watched as clown filled another balloon with helium, then began twisting it into different shapes, until finishing it off as a dog.

"You know what." Bree said. "I've changed my mind. Let's get cotton candy."

"Cotton candy?" Sel asked. "Is that thing good?"

Bree stopped, shocked. "You've never had cotton candy before?" She asked.

Sel shrugged. "It's bad for your teeth."

"You're, what, almost 20 and never—ever—had cotton candy?" Bree asked, then, without waiting for his answer, she took his hand in hers and pulled him over to the cotton candy stand.

"Two cotton candy's, please." She asked the man.

"Right away, ma'am." Then, after a few minutes, he handed each of them a stick, with pink clouds on top.

As they walked, Sel took a piece of cotton candy and inspected it, while Bree watched. Sometimes, she wondered what was going on inside his head, just like she was wondering now. His eyes didn't give anything away, as always. They were just as calculating as she remembered them.

After a few moments, Sel took the piece and shoved it in his mouth. Bree looked at him, waiting for a reaction.

"It's very—very sweet." Sel said, finally.