Chapter 5

Primrose's POV
Oh so it's my turn to do one of these? Okay well. I'm Primrose Gomez. I'm 16. I'm the new girl. My parents moved us so we'd be closer to family. I didn't have friends at my old school so I didn't mind leaving. I have a baby sister Elise. She's also my best friend. I have an older brother but...there's no reason to talk about him. That boy at school seems so..cold hearted. I can't help but feel sorry for him. There's gotta be a reason why he's like that.

I wonder if that boy has friends.

One day he walked into class with a black eye.

"Are you okay?"

He didn't answer me.

"Did you get into a fight?"

His hands balled into fists. I gulped.

"N-never mind."

He cracked his neck by rolling his head around. A different teacher walked in.

"I'm Mrs. Stein. I'm your substitute teacher for the day. After I take attendance you can do whatever. I really don't care."

She took attendance then, another boy walked over to the desk that rude boy was sitting at. He sat on the side of the desk.

He's gonna fall.

I took a book out of my back and started reading.

Maybe if I just ignore them, I'll be fine.

"Did you see Tara? I heard she got a boob job."

"Bro why are you telling me this shit?"

"What? I can't ask if it's true?"

"I'm not a pervert like you. I don't look there."

As least he has a bit of respect.

I kept reading until the bell rang. During lunch I sat at the very end of the table with that boy and his friends.

"Hey new girl!"

I slowly looked at them.

"How about you try to make friends?"

The boy who talked to me had gotten slapped on his arm.

"Casey fuck off. She was once you. You were a loner until I befriended your ass."

"You know he's right too."

The group of boys were called to go to the office.

"What'd you do now Onyx?"

"Why do you always assume I did something?!"

They were arguing as they walked away.

Are they the jocks of the school?

A group of girls walked over to me.

"Hey new girl."

"Still can't find any friends?"

I shook my head.

"That must suck."

I looked down then felt something on my head. I looked and saw coffee running down my face. The girls started laughing at me. If I was a turtle, my head would've gone into my shell. I quickly picked up my stuff. I started running. I went into the bathroom and started crying.

I hate it here!

I need to go home!

I'll try again tomorrow if I feel like it.

I ran to the office.

"C-can I call my mom? I-I have to go home."

"Go talk to Mr. Richards. I'll call her for you."

"Thank you but, isn't there people in there already?"

"They're just getting the same lecture they always do. Go ahead."

"O-okay. Thanks."

I walked up to the door and knocked.

"Come in!"

I opened the door and walked in. The group of boys were sitting at the table.

"I-I have to go home."

"What happened? Why do you have coffee all over you?"

"I-it was just a group of girls being cruel."

"Was one of them blonde?" One of the boys asked.

"Mhm."

"Damnit. Sorry. That's my sister. She hates people she sees as threats."

"I-I'm no threat."

The dark haired boy leaned back in the chair.

"Can I just go home now?"

"Should I call your mom Onyx?"

"She doesn't care."

When I got home I ran into my room. I grabbed clothes then ran into the bathroom. I got in the shower and started crying.

It's just like back in Boston.

Nobody likes me.

I cried myself to sleep that night. In the morning my mom had to convince me to go back to school. I walked into the building with my head down. I made sure to sit by myself in every class. For the next few weeks I was depressed. Those girls bothered me constantly.