𝟐𝟕. ✭ 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 ✭

"Oh my god this is so goooood." Torey groans around a mouthful of breakfast sandwich, black hair askew and sticking up in every different direction. The man is so damn beautiful he makes bedhead look like a fashion statement. "I have missed your cooking. Mmm mm mm." He's licking his fingers after devouring the first half of it. The way his tongue wraps around each digit, savoring the flavor with his eyes closed, has my brain going to places it shouldn't be this early in the morning. "I could get used to waking up to this everyday."

"So you've said on multiple occasions." To be fair, I have also missed cooking for someone everyday. I had done it for over a year for Dani not to mention the restaurant I worked at.

"What can I say? This breakfast sandwich is like," he takes another massive bite and continues talking around his food, "it's like the best tasting thing I've ever had." It's a simple enough recipe but the man doesn't know how to cook anything beyond a bowl of cereal. It's surprising, really, considering his dad is a great cook. He isn't as good as me but he's good. Torey finishes his last bite with a satisfied hum. He'd managed to finish the thing in four, maybe five, bites. He leans back it his seat and rubs his stomach with a grin. After a moment he arches his back and makes an achey face as he cracks it.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you but you can take the room I'm staying in, Torey. I don't care. I told you—"

"That you can fall asleep anywhere, I know. You've only said it a million times and I have told you a million times in return that I am fine in the upstairs bedroom." He holds up a hand silencing the words I'm about to say. "The stairs don't bother me. I need to get my exercise in anyway." I finish my sandwich with a sigh. "Unless you want me to move back into the house?"

"Torey, it's your house. I am just a guest in it. You can stay wherever you want."

"Correction, this is my parents' house not mine. It's pretty clear that they've practically given you this space." He swirls a finger around the room. "This is more yours than it is mine. I mean, for Christ's sake, look at your closet."

"No, it's not." I reiterate. I'm only here until everything is settled with Dani and Wolf but I'm not going to say that. I don't want to dampen the mood. "All I'm sayin' is that if you're uncomfortable upstairs I do not mind you sleeping in my room."

He arches a playful brow. "I bet you don't. Bet you'd like it if I snuggled up in bed with you at night."

"The bed is big enough. If you would like to, then by all means, go right ahead." He looks taken aback with that retort, probably thinking I wouldn't have anything to say to him at all. "What're the plans for the day. What are we up to?"

"Boston is coming over to show me the final sketches of the tattoo. He'll probably get started on it soon." I don't say anything to that because he knows how I feel about it. He's still healing and making his body have to heal something like that on top of it seems rather ridiculous because of something superficial.

"Will Monica and Presley be joining us?"

"Nah, just Bos." I give him a nod of the head. "He'll probably be staying for dinner, not sure. So, you know, if you want to show off some more, feel free."

"Is that a hint?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." His face tells me he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"Do you want me to cook dinner for everyone?" He shrugs looking like he could give two shits. "Okay, then I guess we'll just order out, then. I don't mind picking it up." He rolls his head to the side to give me pleading eyes. How anyone resists those bright gems I don't even know. It's hardly fair. "If you want me to cook for you all you have to do is ask."