A Twist to the Tale

//AN: I really wanted to tell you all what would have happened if Adam had just told someone... Anyone. So here is the happy ending that could have happened and what you should do too if you are in the same situation as Adam.

I opened my eyes. I felt disorientated and confused.

"Adam?"

"Mum..." My voice was just a croak.

"Adam... Oh baby! I was so scared! You could have died!" Mum sobbed. My vision focused to see her place her arms around me. She squeezed me gently.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital. You were so lucky Adam! The ambulance arrived just in time and they stopped the bleeding. I was going to call them but then they arrived!" I frowned, confused.

"I don't understand."

I got the whole story from my Mum and then again from Jay when he came for visiting hours. Jay had seen how stressed I had been as I was leaving school. Having been a self harmer in the past, he knew exactly what I had been planning to do. He had called the ambulance and waited for the news that I was okay or... Not.

Thanks to Jay calling the ambulance, it had taken ten minutes to get to my own house and a few extra two to do the damage. The second I had cut my wrists, the ambulance burst through the door. Mum was panicked and confused at why they had come. When they bought me down on a stretcher, Mum was horrified but went in the ambulance. Jay called later and Mum explained everything to him. Jay had saved my life.

At around five, Social Services came round to see me. Jay had already left but Mum stayed with me. She was allowed to. The lady told us that I had to go to counselling with a special mental health service. It was not debatable. She also said I would most likely spend a few weeks there until they were certain that I was fully recovered. They then talked about Steve. Mum confirmed that she had broken up with him. However the social wasn't going to give up that easy. Mum admitted to the abuse. She was going to undertake counselling herself which was being organised by some other person.

I was getting the help I wanted. We were all getting the help we wanted. Mum did take counselling and she got herself better too. I had to take my own counselling but it wasn't too bad. Steve's marks were still on both of our bodies so he got sent down for accounts of GBH. After a through search of Steve's workplace and our house, the Police found that Steve had indeed murdered my father and the other people in the bank. The other man was unidentified still. Steve was sent down with the murders and burglary.

Things were finally starting to look up for us. We moved house and I moved school. Jay did too. The police found out about the cyber bullying and Sean's words. He was expelled from the school. I never saw him again.

I finally felt happy. I was at a new school with Jay. Jay was the best friend I could ever have and I was so grateful for him. We found new friends as well and a few months after I had joined the school, I met Stacy Hale. Stacy was amazing and treated me better than both my previous girlfriends. I opened up about my past and she understood, showing me her own scars. It comforted me to know she understood...

My life was better now.

My name is Adam and every day of my life, I'm blessed and happy to know that I have reasons to live. I used to self harm and I used to want to die. I wanted my life to change. It eventually did and I couldn't be happier.