High School -Part 1

I've tried to avoid her since the first day I joined this stupid school but it was pointless. Sofia Ivan. She is the true definition of perfection and a bully and she always finds a way to make my life a living hell. 

I don't see the reason why I should lie. I am a black girl adopted by white parents who never thought that they could have kids only to find out a few months after adopting me that they were pregnant. Talk about someone wanting a refund. I thought they would love me less but I never felt different, they loved me the same.

Janeth was the miracle child and our bond was just amazing. She is the best sister I've ever had and always tried her best to protect me from Sofia and her squad.

"Hi Sis", I said to Janeth when I heard her come in. She looked startled, which meant she was up to something. "Why are you so jumpy? What did you do?", I asked hoping she would tell me it was because of a boy. She looked nervous which made me worry. "Sofia invited me to go to this party at her house tomorrow", she finally said making me swallow hard. 

"Do you uh... do you want to go?", I asked and she looked down with guilt. It made me feel guilty too. She was gorgeous and not an introvert like me and she's my little sister. I can't bring myself to be selfish considering Sofia was friends with Cade, the boy Janeth had a crush on for ages, who also happened to be our neighbour. She had been trying to get his attention for years now but it was just not happening, he was part of the cool kids' gang.

"Cade's going to be there isn't he?", I asked making her eyes meet mine. "Y-yes, but am not going, she's mean to you and I know she's doing this to get back at you", she said with annoyance making me smile.

She was just amazing but unfortunately, I wasn't going to come between her and her crush. I would never forgive myself. "You're going to accept the invite and go. This is Cade we are talking about, if he sees you there, he will start paying attention to you and you will finally have your happy ever after. Besides, we rarely do anything on Saturdays. You must go, I mean it", I commanded making her smile. "Now let's go find you a dress", I said pulling her to her room. "Do you think he will talk to me?", she asked nervously as we went through a pile of clothes in her closet. "Why the hell not? You will wear this dress, it shows your curves, just what we want", I said with a wink, handing her the dress. She accepted. 

"It smells amazing in here", Dad said walking into the kitchen when I was taking the chicken off the grill. It was barbecued with a honey-based rub that Janeth loved so much. I loved cooking, it's one of the things that gave me comfort and also made me hide from reality. He kissed Janeth's temple then mine. Mum entered with heels in her hand, "Oh thank god. I thought you all went out and I had to cook for this old man", she whined making us laugh. I owe her all that I know in the kitchen. She always inspired me, she's my superwoman. "Hi Mum", Janeth and I said at the same time. "Hi girls, how was school?", her question made Janeth look at me. Yes, I had an incident with Sofia during a gym session but I made Janeth swore not to tell our parents.

Last time she did, I ended up in detention even though I was the one with a busted lip but the teachers never believed me. "It was ok. Janeth got invited to a party tomorrow at Sofia's", I said wiggling my brows and the joy on my Mum's face was priceless. "Just Janeth?", Dad asked making me laugh. "Yes, Dad. Just Janeth. I have homework so you can imagine", I said with a fake smile. "Are you sure it's not because you hate socialising?", Dad asked as a matter of fact making me shake my head. "Ok then, let's go freshen up and come back to enjoy all this", Dad said gesturing to the food we were putting on the table. He carried Mum bridal style making her giggle as they disappeared up the stairs.

"Why didn't you tell them about Sofia? She called you a slut in front of the whole gym", she said angrily. "It was my fault I stepped on her foot", I said trying to end the conversation before our parents returned. "No, she didn't I saw it. She pushed you to a wall", she pushed. "Janeth please drop it. Please", I said wiping a tear away and that made her stop. "This is why it feels so wrong going to her party", she said looking sad too. "Hey, I am the older one in this situation and I say you go and get your man", I said with a smile making us both laugh at the fact that I called Cade her man. "You're crazy, calling him my man sounds... ", she said as if trying to find a word to use. "Bold?", I said and she nodded her head making me laugh again. "What's taking them so long? Am hungry", she asked looking at me but my smirk told her exactly what I had in mind. "Eeewww, you think they are... having sex?", she whispered the last part making me nod my head just in time to hear Mum screaming and we knew it was not because of pain. "Oh god, no way. Am eating", she said and I followed. We were almost done when they came to join us and none of us dared to ask anything.

☆☆Saturday Night☆☆

"You look so sexy. He is going to lose his nuts", I said as Janeth turned around looking at herself in the mirror. "You think so?", she said still looking at herself and I smiled. How I wished I had a body like hers. I hugged her then walked her to the door, wishing her good luck.