No Way Out

The loud dinging of my phone reminding me of the text I had been trying to ignore on my drive home was irritating me to no end. As much as I was curious as to what Brantley could possibly say, I also was not one bit interested. You brought the bimbo to the ACM's as your date in my place. Fuck off. That's exactly how I felt. I don't care that I had maybe wrongfully dumped him. It was the bimbo.

I pulled in to my driveway and put my Tahoe in park. As I cut the engine, I had an overwhelming sense of anger. I reached over and grabbed my phone off the seat and looked at it.

"Sorry. I had no choice."

......Really? That's what he had to say. He had no choice. No choice at all. My fingers were shaking to the point that I could not even type a response. The only only thing that came out was OK. What I really wanted to say was good riddance you fool. I hope you get her pregnant tonight. I hope your babies look just like her, ugly. I hope you live happily ever after. I hope you pee your pants in front of everyone on the most important day of your life. I hope I never have to see your dumb face again.

The sudden slight tapping on my car window sent me ten miles out of my seat. I put my right hand to my chest, clasping my phone and rolled down the window.

"Darling, are you going to sit out here all night or come in?" My momma questioned, looking a little concerned standing there in her bathrobe and slippers.

"I'll be right in." I laughed a bit to mask any sign of something wrong.

About an hour later, I was lying on my bed still in my street clothes staring up at the wooden planked ceiling. I needed to do something. Everything seemed to be going awry in my life. It felt like there was no way out. I needed a change, an out, anything. My eyelids were feeling heavy as they slowly closed against my will.

The sun was shining brightly and the birds chirping right outside the bedroom window. My eyes fluttered open. I never changed out of my clothes or took off my shoes before falling asleep last night. I looked up at the ceiling for a minute before I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned my head to the left, and sitting at my desk with a black tee shirt and black hat with silver rings on both hands was him.

"Brantley," I began, sitting up fast. What on Earth was he doing here.

"I wanted to come clear some things up. Lauren and Kolby both messaged me saying you were furious. I hopped on the earliest flight I could get back here. Not that that probably means anything to you."

I went to open my mouth, but he silenced me by holding up his hand and nodding his head.

"You dumped me. In a humiliating way, might I add. Jana was there to talk to. Or Bimbo should I say in your words. She is just a friend. A really cool friend..."

This time I stopped him. I cleared my throat, "Don't. Please, spare me the details of how wonderful she is and how awful I am. I get it Brantley."

He looked at me with those wild green eyes for a moment before he got up and walked over to me. He leaned down, grabbing my face with force and kissed me. It didn't last long, but it was enough to take my breath away.

"No. You don't get it. I love you, Nora. I freakin' love you. Do you know how hard that is for me to say in general, nonetheless in such a short amount of time? You don't care though. You are only worried about how you feel right now. That's it." He looked down, saddened. I didn't know what to say in return. I wanted to grab him. I wanted him to jump me and make love to me. I wanted to do anything but sit here in pure, agonizing silence. Just as I was about to place my hand on his shoulder he looked back up at me.

"I have to go. I am going to see Jana, Nora. I need someone to be there for me right now and she is. That's why I said I had no choice. She is there for me..... you aren't." And with that, Brantley grabbed his keys off my desk and walked out of my room and down the hall.

I couldn't move. Do I scream? Do I cry? I didn't know what to do, so all I did was laugh.

A/N: Oh my gosh, you guys are the sweetest! Thank you so much for your kind words and votes! That's what keeps me motivated! Continue to comment, vote, read and I hope to continue to keep bringing some good stuff for you guys! Enjoy :) xoxoxo