Act 11 - Florist shop.

xi.

School was over, Saeyeon waited in front of the school's gate while playing around with her shoes remembering what her sister said about visiting the florist shop together.

"Sae!" A boy call up, walking towards her.

"Yeah? What's wrong, Taehyun?"

"You going home?"

"No, I'm heading to a flower market but I was here waiting for my sister to pick me up."

"Ahh... I see." Taehyun chuckled.

There was a 4 second silence which was utterly embarrassing and awkward. Taehyun was never this silent, he was always the one building the conversation especially when it's with Saeyeon, however—ever since his confession earlier, everything became in fact cringey.

"So... Uhm... Are you free tonight?" He asked in a bit nervous tone.

All of a sudden, Saeyeon's phone buzzed. It was an upcoming call from Ji-eun.

"Please give me a minute," Saeyeon said in hushed tones to Taehyun whilst turning her back to take her sister's call.

"Eonnie?"

"Sae. I don't think I'll make it there, I had an urgent group project on my campus which was due this evening. Are you able to get there alone with Ji-hoon?"

"Mhm. Ji-hoon hasn't even approached me yet, so I will most definitely go there by myself."

"Oh well then, are you okay with that?"

"Yup."

"M'kay. Make sure you chose the fresh one."

"Alright then, bye!" Saeyeon hung up the phone.

It was autumn, so she was wondering if there are still fresh flowers available.

"Oh yes, so where were we?" Saeyeon asked turning herself back to Taehyun.

"Actually, never mi-"

"Am I free tonight, right?" Saeyeon burst out.

"Well, yeah. Are you?" Taehyun replied looking down in nervous demeanour, unable to meet her eyes.

Saeyeon checks her hand watch, "I'll call you later if I'm available, okay?"

"Sure. Take your time. So, are you going to the flower market now?"

"I am."

"Then, may I go with you?"

"I'd be happy if you would like to!"

— ࿇ —

"Welcome!" A lady greeted warmly.

"Jay?" Saeyeon spotted Jay in the corner of the shop. Perhaps he was searching for flowers as well.

"Oh, wassup Sae." He replied with a slight beam on his face. He seem packed, he wears this brown thick coat and are still in his uniform.

"What are you doing here?" Saeyeon questioned in curiosity.

"Well this shop was my sister's, and she request me to take a few flowers here for her... I don't know, probably for project needs or something."

"Oh my god, really? I didn't know you have a sister who owns this shop. That's cool! I often visit here." Saeyeon replied in utter shock. This shop was his sister's all this time.

"Yeah. What are you doing here then?"

"Uhm well, I'm here to purchase a flower for my mom, considering it's her birthday today!"

"I see. Well then, I recommend you to purchase a rose. Mothers loves being gifted by a flower, trust me." Jay guides her to the rose sections.

Saeyeon chuckled, "How considerate of you, Jay. Well, rose it is then!"

"Cool. She would like to purchase this one please." Jay said, showing the flower he was pointing at to the front store cashier lady.

"You know, rose describes... love. It has strong meaning if you're gifting it to someone, especially to someone you like or love. I highly recommend you to purchase Lilies as well if you're gifting someone on their birthday since it symbolizes happiness, but since it's your mom then rose is perfect." Jay said.

Saeyeon nods while chuckling, "Did you learn specific lessons about flowers or something? You seem good describing these flowers."

"Ah no, I just know it by chance since my sister collect tons of flowers in front of our yard." He grins.

The both of them kept laughing and talking to each other, whilst Taehyun was watching them. He was kind of jealous seeing that.

Why wouldn't Saeyeon talk like that to him anymore? She seem cheerful talking to Jay though.

He couldn't hold watching the sight in front of him. Anger fills his head.

"I'm going home. Give me updates tonight, Sae." Taehyun said in a jerky movements and aggressively walk towards the exit door without giving her any chance to reply.

Truth be told, Saeyeon was utterly befuddled and sort of concerned about what was going on with Taehyun.

_________________________________ .

A/N. Hello everyone, this has been the author speaking. I utterly apologize for not updating for the past few weeks. It has been hectic and I have lots of upcoming assessments, I hope you'd consider that. Apologize if the updated chapter is kind of short, I tried my best to write for this week's updated chapter and I can only overcome to write this far seeing the fact that I had a few writer-block too... hehe. I will try my best to write for a better chapter, please look forward to it. Thank you and I hope you enjoyed reading my book. Have an idyllic day!