Chapter 3

Drown him out.
Put my feelings.
He's gonna die soon.
Might as well... just let it go.

Akane's eyes widened at the sound of the 'I love you'. Some very distant words he heard ever, never accepted, only denied.

Making it oh so difficult to accept out of fear.
They were funny words.. love?

Akane than looked at Teru, hidden away his own face out of shyness something rare to see.
'The hell is wrong with you?"

Teru than shook, it was a negative response.
"I had my feelings tell me, my heart directed towards you always. I'd never feel these things.. for anyone else."

"But I'm gonna die soon.. you know my weak circumstances. I can't.. feel the joy of someone back knowing I'll leave."

Teru than had that thought. Would he rather have their conflicts and arguments, remaining out of connection than to have at least.. a month to see the joys of loving someone.

Akane had grown silent, as he saw the wind blow more to the leaves, almost shriveled the tree up to no warmth at all. Akane representative of the tree. No life yet, hadn't lived it to the fullest.

But it could change.. as Teru stepped forward.
"Akane.. listen to me."

Akane than looked up at Teru, as he saw him draw near more holding both his hands.

"Accept my feelings.. please. I'd rather you have a better month than all those years you've spent alone."

Akane's eyes than turned into a slight gaze at Teru.
"Wouldn't that hurt you though?.."

"It's more worth you. Just please, accept this. I won't disappoint. I wanna make you happy.."

Akane than looked down at the ground, than turning back towards Teru.
"I won't accept to dating you, but I can accept. That we'll be on better terms than before, maybe new beginnings. Although I can't promise I'll have a change of heart for you only, just friends-"

Teru than hugged Akane, tightly. Akane's back shook from sudden shock, this has never happened between the both of them, so this was all new.
Teru didn't know how long hugs are supposed to last.. but he felt this one should've been long, out of sincerity, and recollection.

Akane however, pushed away from the hug. He just looked away embarrassed like he hadn't received this often. Teru just chuckled at that, as he went beside Akane, looking at the sunset through the gloomy weather.
How was it supposed to look? No idea. It looked like the colors had been drained, all those golds and oranges gone.

"Well I think.. it's getting late. Thank you.. for this president."

Teru than waves, as Akane turns to walk away.
"Bye! See you tomorrow!"

"Wha- tomorrow?"

"Yeah! We're gonna hangout!"

"Oh- I mean sure.."
"Be on time! I wouldn't wanna drop by your house and still you in bed!"
Akane just scoffs at the remark, before fully walking away.

Teru watched as it grew more distant.

He than looked back at the place, and the lake with all the leaves that had fallen. Each one falling in place but one.. was left out.

He wondered why, as it just kept flying, like undecided.

He than wondered.. if it really was a wise decision to cling onto to something so close to dying. As the wind grew harder, Teru walks his way back to his house. Opening the door with his keys, as he his siblings asleep already.