Mum...

When I saw Gray again, it was break time. We happened to find each other in the playground.

He greeted me by saying. "I know you still haven't made up your mind. It's fine."

What is it with this dude just knowing me so well? "Yeah, actually. That's true." I said.

"Cool. Honestly, don't rush. This is a big choice that you need to spend proper time thinking about." He added.

Then I asked. "Well, how'd you know that I still haven't decided." Since I was curious.

He laughed, saying "I'm sure I've told you this before, but you're really smart. You think carefully about things and you're mature. That's how I could tell."

I'll admit that his praise kind of flustered me. No one really says this type of things to me. "Thanks. You're really observant and intelligent too. You read people in a way that I never could." I tried to compliment him back.

He smiled. "I should introduce you to May and June now."

"Huh?" I was confused.

"The twins." He said. "They had PE this morning. We should go around there."

"Ok."

Anyways, I don't want to go into too much detail about what happened next. I met the twins. They were really dramatic but kind of fun to be around, even if they are really silly. That's probably why they're fun to be around.

Gray seems to like them both a lot at least. As for me, I'll have to spend more time with them to determine whether or not I really like them.

Also, Gray didn't bring up the plan to burn the school down. I'm assuming he hasn't told them about it.

After school, I went to my front door. It was unlocked this time. I don't know why. I went in, taking my shoes off and heading to the kitchen.

My mum was sitting on the chair, looking out of the window into the garden. Her hair was messy and she looked tired. For a moment, I felt a bit sorry for her.

I hugged her from behind and whispered. "Hey, mum."

She pushed me away.

She got up, glared at me and walked away.

What did I do wrong?

I was close to crying, but I didn't. Instead, I made myself busy by getting stuff to eat. Then, I went up to my room and completed my homework as I listened to music.

This encounter was adding to my desire to burn down the school with Gray and just runaway.

Keep calm, Skylar. Get some rest now. You've got to go to work tomorrow.