Chapter 3

a/n: Thanks for the support!

Here's the next chapter, and Cynthia's first gym battle!

—--------------

Cynthia walked out into the pokemon center lobby, wide awake and ready to go!
Viola looked tired and was standing around the lobby, looking absolutely miserable.

"Morning Cynthia," Viola said, clearly still groggy

"Morning Viola!" Cynthia was wide awake and happy as could be!

"You ready?" Viola asked, tiredness evident in her voice

Cynthia was practically jumping up and down with excitement. "Let's do this Viola!"

"Yeah....off to the gym.." Viola said with no enthusiasm in her voice whatsoever.

The two set off, Viola with her camera and Cynthia with her confidence.

Thankfully, the gym was a short walk from the pokemon center. The two made it right as the gym opened, the door was just unlocked by the gym steward who nodded.

"Hello challenger, I'm assuming you want to challenge Daisy?"

Cynthia nodded

"Just let me see your trainer card for a second," The gym steward took Cynthia's card and inserted it into a small machine that beeped.

"Alright, thanks!" Cynthia said before she tried to leave.

Viola stopped her. "Anything she should know before the challenge?"

"Well, she's.....a personality. She's waiting in the arena having her morning tea, so uhhhh maybe keep your vibes chill if you know what I mean. She's a grass type user, so she's very calm and relaxed, but has a side that will certainly surprise you," The gym steward explained to Cynthia

Cynthia smirked. "Alright, thank you!" and sprinted into the arena, totally ignoring his advice to keep her vibes chill.

Viola was finally waking up. She locked eyes with the gym steward who shrugged at her.

Viola walked in the arena and was amazed at the detail put in this gym.

It was a beautiful forest around a hill, the arena was in an oval shape. Several rows of seats surrounded the forest, and Viola's mouth was practically watering at the amazing pictures she could get from this angle. Maybe this gym challenge was worth getting up so early for.

"Hey, mind if I go upstairs to those seats?" Viola asked the Gym Steward who gave her a thumbs up.

Cynthia marched straight down the center of the forest, crossing a small creek and walking up a tiny hill before setting her sights on the gym leader.

She was a small woman, of perhaps seventy years. With a head of white hair put up into a neat bun and wearing a forest green dress, she certainly looked like a grass-type gym leader.

She was sipping tea slowly, enjoying the forest around her, listening to the creek run and the cries of the pokemon she allowed to live in the forest. Perhaps her own?

Cynthia approached the table and locked eyes with the gym leader.

"Hey," Cynthia said

"Hello darling, sit your bud down and enjoy the scenery," Daisy motioned for Cynthia to sit down

"Oh, I'd sorta like a gym battle," asked Cynthia who didn't sit down.

"Ah, you're really pushing the petal, huh?" The gym leader replied with a smirk.

Cynthia just locked eyes with Daisy, unable to think of what to say

"How many badges do you have sprout?" asked Daisy