36.

Hazel Fenty

Hazel Fenty

I rushed down the hall to my mothers room with Bashar on my heels. My mom sounded panicked on the phone and I didn't want to miss a thing. When I approached her room number I heard screaming. I rushed in and there three nurses crowded around her. I peeked around them and it was about time. My dad was finally apart of something.

"Oh, Hazel" My mom reached out to me as I rushed to her side. She was sweating bullets and her blood pressure was up.

"Hey mama." I cooed, catching her hand. She squeeze it tightly. In the corner of my eye I could see my dad looking at me then his eyes reverted to Bashar. I don't think they've met. Ever.

"Ou, ou!" She groaned, sighing heavily.

"Who is this?" Dad asked, standing up against the wall with his foot propped behind him. He has his hands in front of him.

"B-Black, not now. Please not now." Mom breathed looking over at him. Bashar showed no emotion whatsoever. He stood beside me as he slid his phone out of his pocket and began typing.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. He just texted me. I poured some water into her cup and filled with ice. I handed it to her as she began drinking. Right after swallowing she yelped.

"God, I wish they'd come out already." She groaned rubbing her swollen belly.

"I know ma, I know." I agreed, pulling out my phone.

Shark 🦈
im finna leave mama
meet back at the hotel
when you can ite?

yes okay. pls be safe
i'm sorry about my dad
:/

Shark 🦈
it's coo.

Bashar gave me a kiss on the forehead before leaving. Then there was an awkward silence.

"I don't want to see you with him again." Dad spoke, making me smack my lips. Was he really trying to do this right now while his wife who was my mother was about to give birth?

"Not up to you." I replied, trying to sound as respectful as I could.

"No!" Mom shouted. "Black, cut the shit out before I put my foot off in yo ass. I am highly irritated and I am in unbearable pain. So please, shut the fuck up!" She yelled. I know that was the pain and her talking.

"Push mom, push!" I coached, dabbing her forehead with a wet towel. The nurses encouraged mom when to push and when to stop. It had been another thirty minutes and the twins still hadn't come out yet.