4: Four is... four? (1/1)

I apologize for the long wait! I had pretty much the entire thing written but it just wasn't sounding right so I went with my gut and restarted.

Idea from The-Forgotten-Hero!! Thank you so much :D (It was left on a deleted chapter, btw)
Hope everyone enjoys <3

Ps- sorry if it's OOC, I'm not very used to writing Four nor have I played his games

——————————
The heroes walked along some path in Hyrule Forest, listening to Twilight rant excitedly about... a circus cannon, was it? It was a little hard to tell, but the group trailed behind him regardless.

Each small sound hit Four like a punch to the gut. The colors were causing mass chaos in his head and it was becoming a real problem. They needed to split, and soon.

When they finally reached a spot to set up camp for the night, he was utterly exhausted. As much as he wanted to sleep, he knew that wasn't about to happen. So, he slipped into the still of the night as quietly as he could.

Once he was far enough away, he pulled the Four Sword. Green, Red, Blue, and Vio came tumbling out onto the floor. After some celebration, the colors fell into a peaceful chattering and bickering. Hours passed, perhaps more than were intended to...

——————————
Oh Great Golden Goddesses above... Time sighed. Four was missing and everyone was in a panic. He was, deep down, just as scared as all of them. These idiots were practically his kids, for Hylia's sake!

But when he glanced over at Wild muttering under his breath and running his fingers through his hair, or the way Wind was sitting still for once in his life, he knew he had to keep his head.

"Alright everyone, here's the plan."

All eyes darted towards him and he sucked in a deep breath.

"We each pick a direction and search. Until we know what happened, we can't assume anything. Come back in an hour, whether you find him or not. If someone doesn't return when we meet back up, we all go to find them. Sound good?"

Yeahs, nods, and thumbs-up were given and the heroes set out.

Time headed out into the forest, senses on high alert. After nearly thirty minutes of searching, he saw it.

Four! Or was it...?

Instead of Four's usual outfit, he wore a violet tunic and hair pulled back in a loose knot.

"Uh... Four?"

The man let out a short laugh, "Close, close."

"..."

"..."

"I- What?"

He sighed.

"Follow me."

They turned a corner and Time was left even more confused. Three other "Four-but-not-Four"s sat in Green, Red, and Blue tunics. They each gave a little wave to the purple one.

"Wait, so are any of you Four?" he asked.

"Well, yeah..." the Green one started.

The Red clone gave him a look. "But also no..."

"All of us are..."

"...kinda...."

They all stood in silence for a moment, Time's brain trying to keep up.

"...maybe you should all come to camp to explain."

When the rest of the heroes arrived back to see four Fours and a confused looking Time, there was an awkward bit of explaining.

In the end, the colors were enveloped in a warm hug and Four was assured that this wouldn't change how they thought of him.

——————————
Yeah I headcanoned the colors different haircuts, whatchu gonna do about it 😤

Also he... pulls the Four Sword to split... like every time... right?? Or am I stupid and he can just split on his own??

I think I'm finally getting into my groove for this project, so hopefully more chapters soon!