03. rampage

Mara quickly zipped up the black vest that now covered the top half of her black flight suit

Mara quickly zipped up the black vest that now covered the top half of her black flight suit. She winced at the brief tightness over her abdomen but it quickly went away as the vest got used to her body. She grabbed the arm gauntlets that still had the chipping gray paint of the wolfpack symbol and strapped it quickly to her forearm and the top of her hand. She grabbed the other one that once had the head of a varactyl poorly drawn on it but had since been scratched off, only a few flecks of gray paint remained. She had plans to replace it with something but hadn't yet decided and it was the last thing on her mind. The vest had been one of the few things Hunter had picked up on their supply run, along with just enough rations to last them until they reached Ord Mantell.

Echo had mentioned a contact the Jedi formally had on the planet named Cid and it was decided that was the best, and likely the safest and smartest place for five clones and a former Jedi Padawan to search for answers.

Mara made her way up from the space below the main hull that held their bunks. It was a small space and she was truly shocked that they all had a bunk to their own and fit comfortably. Despite having an open bunk for her, Mara often slept on the co-pilots seat and Tech was always there, tinkering away in the pilots seat. However, now, Tech was crouched before Omega, adjusting the comm device on her wrist. Echo and Hunter stood around her, watching as Omega smiled brightly at the device that was strapped to her arm, while Wrecker was lifting Gonky up and down on his back. "It's not an exact fit," Tech commented as he finished securing it.

"I get my own comm device?" Omega asked, grinning with the eagerness of a child getting a new toy.

"Technically, it was Crosshair's, but he doesn't appear to need it," Tech said and Mara could see the look on his face when he said that. It was a mixture of disappointment and guilt. Something she was all to familiar with nowadays.

"Echo, what's your position? Over," Omega said through the comm, making the corner of Mara's mouth almost twitch into a smile.

"It's not a toy, Omega," Echo reminded her after clearing his throat to get her attention.

"Copy that!" Omega said through the comm. "Why are we going to Ord Mantell? I thought the plan was to lay low," Omega asked as Tech reached out to tweak at the comm device on her arm once more.

"Not while a bounty hunter's after you. We need to find out why," Hunter said, now sitting at one of the control panels.

"I know an informant there named Cid who might be able to help," Echo reminded again.

"And you trust him?" Wrecker asked.

"Well, the Jedi trusted him," Echo shrugged.