CHAPTER | 17

MEGAN

"It looks like something fat has fallen on the couch." Miles whispered and I had to suppress my urge to laugh at his words. "Don't you think the couch is too small for her?"

I looked at what Miles was pointing at. Amber. She had been sitting on the couch with her legs stretched on it as her gown cascaded downwards. Zack had to sit at the top and they both had to look at the camera directly with attitude. At least that was what Dough meant when he had pulled the couch.

But with Miles's tantrums and weird comments, I was sure that it would take Amber another round of photo session to get her images right.

Maintaining the same posture, Zack mouthed to us behind him. "Would you please keep the volume down? I'm trying to admire here."

"If you want to admire, you should be doing it from afar." Miles nodded his head as we stood at the side looking at the couple pose. "That close, I understand it's too difficult."

The look on Amber's face said that she was too near to get Miles killed in an instant and she could do it in her bare hands. With a glare that was directed at Miles, she clenched her fists together, desperately trying to keep her calm.

"Call me fat one more time." Amber hissed as the photographer suggested another pose. "I dare you."

"Babe, come on," Zack said, pulling her towards him. Though she was angry she went to his arms without complaint. As Zack kissed the side of her forehead, I could see some of the tension vanish from her features. "You know Miles. They were just trying to make the photos come good."

"Exactly." Miles walked towards them with me in tow. "But you got to know one thing for sure, Amb."

I crumpled my eyebrows together in wonder. What more teases was Miles pulling on my poor friend? If she was not able to help the anger, I was sure she would burst out into a crying mess.

Miles pulled her cheeks to one side with a playful glint in his eyes. "That Zack would love you even if you became fat. And trust me, that's a good thing. I would have had to object to this wedding if it was otherwise."

The seriousness in his tone was what made Amber look at him in shock. The shudder wearied off and was quickly replaced with a rage that was too powerful to control. Miles had noticed it too. And when Amber pulled her gown to one side making it easy for her to run, Miles had already bolted off in the opposite direction to save himself.

I burst out laughing along with Zack who was now shaking his head looking at the two run after one another.

"This is the most fun shoot I have ever been to." Zack muttered as Dough tried to capture the running bride with a glare. "You are okay with him being around, right?"

The sudden question made me halt in my own steps. Given the circumstances, I was okay. I didn't faint at his voice and I didn't turn into a pool of crying mess when I saw him laugh. Maybe that was a good sign.

"I'm good." I said with a faint smile. Even if I wasn't, I would have endured it for Amber.

"Good. I don't regret making him my best man." Zack said.

I understood what he meant and I had a fair idea about the fact that Zack had chosen Miles rather than his friends to make him the best man. I knew that the two men weren't as close to one another and hence, the only solid reason was to believe that Amber had a cupid matchmaking plan.

Though a part of me wondered if it was all for something good, I knew that I had to come back from my infinite dark doom and face the world again. If meeting Miles was one step further, I was ready to take it.