Usagi

Y/ns pov

I walked to the entrance of this building called "Toei Sendagaya Apartment". There were a bunch of other people already waiting for the game to start. I grabbed a phone as the "FACIAL RECOGNITION IN PROGRESS PLEASE WAIT A MOMENT" message popped up. "There are currently 10 participants. Please wait until the game commences. One minute until registration closes"

"Excuse me" i heard this man talking to a girl in a pink top "Where did all the people in Tokyo go?" before the girl got the chance to say anything, a man walked between them, taking a phone "This thing-" their conversation got interrupted once again as two boys walked in "There are so many people" "I wonder if there's a doctor here"

A noise came from the phones "Registration has closed. There are total of 13 participants. The game will now commence" "Excuse me" the man that tried talking to the girl spoke "Just what is this? I ended up here. I have no idea what's going on" "it's a game" one of the boys that walked in earlier said "Stop it. Beginners will only get in our way. It doesn't feel great, but it might be a good idea to act like Shibuki did" muttered his friend.

"Difficulty, Five of Spades" "Five of spades?" "It's a physical game. Strength is everything here. I'm Nitobe. Nice to meet you" a man with a hat approached the two boys, offering his hand.

"Each mark has a different meaning?" "Exactly!" grinned the man "The mark on a card signifies the game's genre. Club refers to a team battle, and Diamonds refers to a battle of wits. As for Heart... It's the most troublesome one" "Troublesome?" nervously chuckled the boy "It's a game of betrayal where you play with peoples hearts."

The boy gulped before speaking "What about the numbers?" "The difficulty level. The larger the number, the harder it is to clear" i tried to remember this as it might help in the future.

"Game, A game of tag. Rule. Run away from the tagger" "What?" "A game of tag?" "Who's the tagger?" "How should i know?"

The phone began explaining the rules  "Clear condition. Discover the safezone hidden in one of the building rooms within the time limit. You clear the game when the objective is fulfilled. Time limit, 20 minutes. After 20 minutes has passed, the time bomb hidden in the building will explode."

My eyes widened as i looked around the room.
As we all walked into the building, i heard two girls shouting at each other "Where should i go?" "I don't know!" Walking up the stairs, i hid behind a corner as the voice spoke once again "The game will now commence. The time limit is 20 minutes. Game start" i started panicking, my breath caught in my throat as i tried to calm down. "The tagger is on the move"

Oh shit. I held my breath, trying to hear if there's someone around me. "Three minutes have passed" Out of the sudden a loud noise was heard, followed by many more. Shaking, i started walking around trying to find an open door.

"Everyone! The tagger is currently at the second level of the central area!" i heard one of the boys from earlier shout "The tagger has bad vision because of his mask! Let's inform each other of the tagger's location and search for the safezone together"

I ran up a case of stairs, continuing to search for an open door. "The tagger is moving from the fourth level of the central area. Anyone nearby, run" i heard a girl yell and froze. I looked around, hearing heavy footsteps approaching me. It felt like i couldn't move - like my shoes were stuck to the ground.

Just as i saw a person with a horse mask turn the corner i was dragged away by someone. "Eight minutes before the game ends. There are currently 7 survivors" We hid around a corner and i looked at the person who saved me. It was the girl from earlier. "Thank you" i whispered, trying to keep quiet. The girl nodded before looking around. Grabbing my hand again, she ran downstairs.

"I checked the 5th floor on the south block and the 6th floor on the east and south blocks. Let's split up and search for the safezone" she said as she saw the boy who shouted the location of the tagger earlier, his friend and two men. "I haven't checked the 1st and 2nd floors" "Understood. I'll go check it out" she turned towards me "You go check the 4th floor" then she jumped from the railing. Looking over the railing, i saw that she was climbing down.

I started running towards the 4th floor. "Five minutes remaining" i stopped to catch my breath before looking around. Once i was sure the tagger wasn't near i started searching for the safezone once again. "Someone, please come over! The safezone is in apartment 406! It's impossible to clear the game alone! We need 2 people to do this!"

I ran downstairs trying to get to apartment 406 "Time remaining, one minute" "Someone! Please come!" "Time remaining, thirty seconds" i quickened my pace as horrible thoughts ran through my mind. "Twenty seconds" walking through the door of apartment 406, i saw a boy with shoulder length white hair and a white hoodie.

Peeking around the corner, i saw the girl that saved me jumping through the window. The tagger started shooting at her as she dodged the bullets "Hey!" the boy in the hall shouted throwing her his taser. Tasing the tagger, she looked around "The buttons!" yelled one of the boys from earlier. They pressed the buttons right as the timer was about to end "Game clear. Congratulations."

The tagger started moving, sitting up. A horrified middle aged woman looked around the room. She sobbed as the collar around her neck flashed a blue light. "Excuse m-" the collar exploded as her blood splattered. She fell to the ground, a phone with the words "GAME OVER" falling out of her coat.

"This person... Were they also made to participate in the game?" a man started searching her. "Answer... in our hands now" was heard as i turned my head in the direction of the voice. A boy was pulling out a walkie talkie out of a dead persons pocket. "Answer? Hey, can you hear me? Hey, what's this 'answer' you're talking about?" "Return. The answer is in our hands now. Return to The Beach" was all the walkie talkie said before shutting off "The Beach?" the boy tried to stand up, groaning as he clutched his injury.

I walked up to the girl, thanking her once again for saving my life before exiting the building.

*time skip*

I found this place called The Beach. Once Hatter explained the rules to me, i went to change into a swimsuit. I walked outside, sitting on a sunbed. I was looking around when someone caught my eye. It was the same girl from the tag game. She turned to look at my direction and started walking towards me.

Sitting next to me, she offered her hand "What's your name?" "Y/n" i said, shaking her hand. "I'm Usagi. That's Arisu" she pointed towards someone who i recognised as one of the boys from the tag game. We started talking more and soon it was getting late.

"It's time for the games!" i heard someone yell. Me, Usagi and Arisu started walking towards the lobby "A new game arena has been located in the Shinagawa ward! The cars are in the second parking lot!" "Adachi and Koto wards, form 2 groups!

*time skip*

Once the game was over, i went up to my room. I took a shower and got ready for bed. Soon i heard a knock. Opening the door, i saw Usagi "I can't sleep. Do you mind if we just sit and talk" she mumbled looking at me "Sure, come in" i closed the door behind her and we sat on my bed. We talked about random stuff for a while before it went quiet.

I glanced at her, her eyes already on me. Looking at my lips, she moved a bit closer. Placing her hand on my cheek, she looked at me, asking for permission. Nodding, i felt her lips against mine. Pulling away, she looked at the wall feeling embarrassed. I was blushing, looking at the floor with a smile. She took a deep breath before quickly mumbling something "Sorry, i didn't catch that could you repeat" closing her eyes, she held my hand "When this is all over, maybe we could go out on a date"

"Sure" i mumbled, blushing even more "Oh it's getting late I'm gonna go, see you tomorrow" i walked her to the door "See you" i closed the door before smiling and laying on my bed, excited to see her tomorrow.

A/n: I was supposed to upload it yesterday but had to make a biology project. I hope i can write more this week tho <3