Chapter 2: Satanic Encounter

It has been some time since the trio got off the mountain. The main protagonist of our story has switched his shotgun coat for his usual brown jacket and taken off his gloves. Currently, (Y/N) was standing guard outside a cave that Nezuko was resting at. Being a demon, she was vulnerable to the sunlight. (Y/N) watched as she dug a hole like a mole and hid in it. He smiled at her cute behavior. Tanjiro was out looking for something to contain Nezuko in order for her to be able to travel with him and (Y/N). He was currently talking to some farmers at a rice field near the cave.

Tanjiro: Excuse me. Would it be okay if I took the basket, straw and some bamboo?

Tanjiro pointed to the pile of materials he was asking for. 

Farmer: Sure, you're welcome to it, but that basket's full of holes.

Tanjiro: Yes. I'll pay you for it.

The farmers were shocked by Tanjiro's declaration, so they tried to insist that he take it for free.

Farmer: No, that's alright. I mean, it's a basket with holes.

Tanjiro, being the stubborn and kind-hearted boy he is, insisted on paying.

Tanjiro: Yes, I will pay you.

Farmer: No, it's alright. You can have the bamboo and straw for free, too.

Tanjiro shouted in order to convince the farmers.

Tanjiro: But I'm still paying you!

Farmer: I said it's okay! You're one stubborn kid!

Tanjiro took out some coins and slapped it onto the farmer's palm, causing him to comically grunt in pain.

Tanjiro: PLEASE ACCEPT THIS, ALTHOUGH IT'S JUST SMALL CHANGE!

He picked up the materials and began running back to the cave.

Tanjiro: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Farmer: OUCH!

Timeskip.

Tanjiro arrived at the cave. (Y/N), who was napping, woke up and confronted him about how long he took.

(Y/N): The hell took ya so long?

Tanjiro: Sorry, I got into a little argument with some farmers about whether or not I should pay them for these materials.

(Y/N) looked at the shabby-looking materials before looking back at Tanjiro with dead fish eyes.

(Y/N): Don't tell me you payed them.

Tanjiro: But I did!

(Y/N): Damn it, you shoulda just taken the stuff for free!

Tanjiro: But I can't do that!

(Y/N): Ah, whatever. Nezuko's holed up inside the cave. Literally.

Tanjiro: Huh? Nezuko? Where are you?