Decision

The morning light streamed into the room.
The curtains weren't even closed properly, but I didn't care enough to move my arm and close them. I was still exhausted and wanted to stay in bed forever.

I looked up at the clock and found that it was 8:40 am. I found my way to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I brushed my teeth quickly and headed for my closet. I searched for clothes to wear and grabbed some random ones to put on. Once dressed I made my way towards the kitchen, where I found Sisi sitting at the island quietly eating cereal. When I walked into the kitchen, Sisi greeted me with a smile as she ate her breakfast.   

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she said with her mouth full of food.
I nodded in reply.
I grabbed some toast out of the bread box and ate it.
she had no idea what happened last night.
"I'm off, don't wanna miss class," she said.
"Alright, bye, Sis,"  I replied and hugged her goodbye, after which we hugged each other briefly. She smiled and waved at me as she left.
I sat over the table chewing slowly, thinking about nothing in particular.
Aunt mai came in a few minutes later and sat across from me. She looked tired and angry.
"Morning"  I gave her a slight smile as I swallowed my bite.
"Hi, sweetie." She answered, "I've got work today." She rubbed her temples lightly, massaging her temples gently. "I've been having trouble sleeping lately." She muttered quietly and I nodded in agreement.
She placed her elbows on the table and rested her head in her hands. I could see she was upset and sad. I felt bad for her, and it saddened me that it was affecting her.  We sat together for a bit, not saying a word. Eventually, I decided to break the silence, although there wasn't anything that needed to be said anyway.
"Do I have a brother"?
just immediately uncle Chitra walked into the kitchen.

I jumped a little as his sudden appearance startled me.
"Omg! Uncle Chitra!!! You scared me!!" I shrieked as I clutched my chest.
I had almost forgotten he was coming home today.  Aunt mai looked up from her cereal and scowled at him. 
"You're late," she said sternly.
"Sorry, sorry," he apologized. "I overslept."
He sat down at the table and poured himself a cup of coffee.

Aunt mai glanced at me as if asking me what I meant by my question earlier.
"I want to know if I have a brother?"  I asked again, this time with a more serious look.
I noticed him tense at my question. A few seconds of awkward silence passed between everyone at the table. Then Aunt mai spoke.
"Yes, you do." She replied softly, avoiding eye contact with me as she continued eating.
I furrowed my eyebrows slightly.

"Is he a nice person?", I asked curiously.
"Of course, he's very nice," she replied with a shrug. "He looks exactly like you do when you were younger." I noticed the sadness in her tone and decided not to push her further on the subject.
"Where is he?", I asked her.
"We can discuss it later, Ariya. Right now, you need to eat your breakfast.
"So, you haven't told her, huh? My uncle chimed in.
"Tell me what?"
"About what happened last night,"  Uncle Chitra answered.
He kept glancing at me and then staring at his hands, obviously feeling embarrassed about something.
"What did happen last night?", I asked.
"Your mum had a...moment. I'll explain later." Aunt mai assured me.
I pretended like I didn't hear or see all the commotion last night. I wanted them to say something. Uncle Chitra knew already, aunt Mai must have called him last night.  Why wouldn't they tell me? Wasn't it obvious?
They didn't tell me!
This couldn't continue. They were my family, why are they keeping it from me? Is there something I don't know?
Something I'm missing here?  Something I should know?
"Why won't anyone tell me what's going on?!", I yelled angrily.
"Ariya, I don't think now is the time to" Aunt mai began once again.
"Don't worry," Chitra cut her off. "We will." He said, placing both of his hands on the table.
After that, he leaned back in his chair, seemingly deep in thought.
"Are you okay Ariya? Are you hurt? Are you tired?"  Uncle Chitra asked.  He stared at me intently while he spoke.
"No, I'm fine," I replied.
"Okay, good. Now, let's talk about what happened last night."
"What happened last night?" I repeated.
"Well, you remember how you were talking to Sibyl yesterday?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, she told me that you saw her last night."
"Last night? I talked to Sibyl last night?"  I asked, confused.
Uncle Chitra nodded.
"We know you heard everything, and you saw your mum too"