|Prologue|

Eleonor kept staring at her past generations' pictures hanged from the wall. She thought am I supposed to be them instead of me?

She couldn't take that in.

Eleonor was 6 that time, she wasn't really totally clever, compare when she's older.

She doesn't want herself to be the frowning  princess she's seeing on each picture.

She was different, little Eleonor, compare to Princess Aranora of 1777-1799 and the rest of the princesses; Eleonor doesn't choose who she is. Well, let's say she does, and she chooses to be herself.

Ah, the other princesses did chose to be themselves, and the 'me' they call are always stern and emotionless. But Eleonor is always happy and laughing, full of beans and playful. Sometimes her big sister calls her Sunshine becasue of those characteristics.

"Miss Eleonor, Miss Eleonor, Miss Eleonor!" Princess Mary Yule, cousin of Eleonor, came rushing towards her and hugged her tight.

"Miss Mary—!" Eleonor breathes, but the hug was too tight.

Eleonor smells the sweet sent of the young Prima Donna, and it smells too sweet.

Mary lets go of young Eleonor. "Oh how I missed being with you!" she chuckled while her gloved hands cover her mouth, yes, a youngster she was.

"How come you miss me? We always see each other," Eleonor hisses, fixing her dress laces which she hates to wear.

"But that's just waving from your tower to mine!" Mary scoffed. "Everyone knows that we are locked in our towers for our everyday lives like Rapunzel,"

"Cut the drama," Eleonor teases. "And anyway, we aren't locked, we are just... Not allowed to go outside very much," she smiled as she finished tugging her laces.

"But that's the same thing!" Mary choruses. Then her eyes went wide when the doors open.

"It's time Miss Eleonor!" she whispers and drags Eleonor out of there, more fixing of her laces.

"Hear y', hear y'!" the announcer of the ballroom announced.

"Welcome to the annual ball of the princes and princesses' 7th birthday, cheer of joys, dames and gentlemans!"

Claps from all the room came to life, and a whistle from Chloe, Eleonor's big sister,ends it.

The announcer chuckles and tge red curtain behind him jerks open, revealing tge princes and princesses.

The lights went out and the spotlight turned to Mary, which had a fan covering her face with smug eyes showing, yes, a youngster she is.

"Here we have miss Maria Aelia Pigments, the oldest of the princesses, cheer!"

The whole room was lively because of the claps, but then again was stopped because of Chloe's whistle.

The announcer chuckles again. Then the spotlight reveals a prince, soft blue eyes and light hair was frantically charming of him. He smiles.

"The kingdom of Faria's youngest prince, Sir White Marshall Adelle!"

Again, the claps were alive, and guess what happens next? Yes, broke by Chloe's whistle.

The spotlight comes to a certain raven haired princess, wearing goth all over
Her body. Her hair was short, but there was a braid coming out from the back.

"We have our princess from the kingdom of Fionna, Miss Rafaela Sophie Lilith!"

Again, the claps were alive, and guess what happens next? Yes, broke by Chloe's whistle. Ah, patterns.

Then the spotlight comes to a blonde prince, he was frowning. But he was pretty.

"Kingdom of Shiemields, Prince John Hong Fammies, rejoice!"

Then the claps and whistle.

The spotlight, as expected turned to a prince yet again which had jet black hair. He smiles, but it looks forced.

"From Kingdom of Nammia, Prince Gideon Ell Theodor!"

And the claps and whistle...

"And finally," the spotlight was turned off and revealed the last birthday girl. "from our very own kingdom, Miss Eleonor V. Yule!" Eleonor was trying so hard not to smile so that she'll look like one of her ancestors, causing her to look like a lobster in front of everyone.

The claps were as loud as possible, and there was no whistle ending it, ut was obvious that Chloe doesn't want this moment to end.

"Yes, everyone." the announcer scoffs yet again, "These royalties will once again take the nest step of their generation and prove that nobody will end the changing of love and support of the people, cheer for our princes and princesses!"

They all cheered, even the children on the light, except Eleonor.

Never change...?

————————
Never change?

—————