Goodbye

My alarm clock rang. I woke up immediately and turned it off. I layed quietly listening to Olivia's body next to me, but she was sleeping soundly.
It was five in the morning, and my alarm didn't ring by accident. Now I would get up, get dressed, and leave. I'm also not going to have any more contact with Olivia. Because when I'm around her I have no control.

I climbed out from under the warm blanket and put my clothes on somehow in the half darkness. I couldn't help myself and took one last look at the sleeping Olivia. She looked beautiful, but that was the last time I'd look at her like that. Very slowly, trying not to breathe, I lightly touched her warm cheek with my lips and then left the room.

I walked through the familiar kitchen and noticed that the picture of me and Olivia hanging in the frame was gone. I looked at the chair that we bought together a fee years ago in antique shop, I could easily imagine Olivia sitting there in my T-shirt, legs tucked under her chin, sipping coffee with her hair tangled from sleep.  That's what I had to imagine now, but I used to see that picture a lot.

I was no longer going to stay here. I put my shoes on at the front door and walked out of her apartment, trying not to make any noise.

It was freezing outside in the morning, so I wrapped myself in my thin, short denim jacket until I got to the car.
It got a little warmer there and I made it home without incident on the almost empty roads. When I got home I just put on my pajamas and went to bed.

I woke up with a heavy heart in a late lunch. Got up, took a shower and made myself some coffee. Chatted with my friend on the Facetime and looked around. I didn't feel like cooking or ordering delivery, and my head felt heavy from all the thoughs So I got dressed and decided that the best option is to go for a walk. I walked listening to music and thinking about my future life as I realized that my feet led me to mine(abd Olivia's) favorite café, where they sold delicious coffee and where I really liked strawberry cheesecake.

My stomach reminded me very loudly and furiously that I hadn't eaten since I woke up, so I went in and got myself a sandwich, a cheesecake, and a huge cup of coffee.

I sat down at a table by the window and got through my meal in no time.Finally, after I was done, I leaned back in my chair, sipped my coffee, and looked out at the road.

"May I join you, or will you run away again?"

Hearing those words spoken in such a familiar voice made me choke on my coffee and cough.

"Hey, are you okay?" Olivia asked, tapping me on the back "don't die just yet, we need to talk"

I didn't answer anything,just looked at her as she awkwardly removed her hands from my back.

"I should probably go order some coffee, don't you think?Please don't go anywhere" she said nervously holding the bag in her hands

"Sure," I said, and faked a smile.

And Liv saw it, but didn't say anything.
What could I do? Putting aside everything I'm feeling, there's one simple thing that comes out: it hurts to see Olivia. From understanding... A lot of things. And at this point, seeing her try to make up things between us and knowing that I wouldn't let that happen and it would end up hurting the two of us even more made the situation just awful.

"Here I am, thanks for waiting," Olivia said as she sat down at the table with a cup of coffee.

I recognized the coffee right away, just from the smell. It was her favorite one here, the one she always got. I looked at the cup in her hands with a sad smile

"How did you find me?" I asked, sipping from the cup to somehow break the awkward silence between us

"I was going to the studio but saw the sign and decided to come in. This is our place."