Three

Sadie was walking across the school yard. Gabriella looked at Sadie. "Who is she?" She asked Taylor.

"Sadie Vance. She's very shy."

Sadie looked at her brother smiling as she listened to everything he has to say. She started thinking about Ryan and smiled a bit more. "Let's go home so you can practice singing for lover boy."

"What?"

"Nothing." Jacob said as he walked away with a smirk causing her to give him a weird look wondering what he said.
~~~
At school, Sadie took her seat as Ryan looked at her. She smiled as they listened to their teacher talking about the play. They were doing solo and pairs. Ryan looked at Sadie as she blushed looking away. "I think he wants to pair up with you." Jacob whispered.

"He can't. Sharpay will make sure of that."

When the bell rang, Sadie gathered her things. "Oh come on." Jacob says. "This is your chance." Sadie looked at him causing him to shake his head. "Sadie Vance, you have been hiding from everyone. Ryan has always been the one to see you. Take the chance to know him because I can tell there is feelings building up."

Sadie didn't say a word as her brother walked away. "Sadie, we are needed."

"Coming, Kelsi."

"What was up with that conversation?'

"Do you think I like Ryan?"

"Sadie, it's written on your face that you do. Plus, he always saw you unlike everyone else."

Sadie nodded as they made it to the auditorium.
~~~
In the auditorium, Sadie watched as everyone walked in. Kelsi looked at the dark haired girl sitting down. Sadie was the girl that was the writer of the show. She walked down to the seats as Ryan watched her. The first person was up and Sadie wished to have something to cover her ears at the girls off tune voice.

Kelsi looked at Sadie causing her to gag. Kelsi smiled at her best friend till she covered her ears at the opera singing voice. "I think my ears are bleeding."

"You think." Jacob said.

Ryan watched Sadie's reaction and noticed that she was horrified by some of these performances. Especially the boy and girl who spoke the song. "Oh, this is disturbing." She mumbled.

"Thank you, Sadie." She said. "That was very disturbing. Go see a counselor."

Jacob laughed at his sister. "Are you going to do this?"

"I..uh..I don't know." She confessed. "I guess I'm afraid."

Miss. Darbus looked at Sadie hoping that she would perform as Sadie can do this. "Who's next my dear?"

"Sharpay and Ryan." She said.

"Are you going to audition, Sadie?" Miss. Darbus asked.

Sadie didn't know how to respond. "I can try." She said.

Miss. Darbus smiled as this year could be a new lead this year. She heard Ryan and Sharpay singing. She smiled as she listened to Ryan sing. Maybe she could do this. She stood up and walked up to Kelsi as her brother watched. "Do me a huge favor?"

"And that is?"

"Play the song I wrote with you over break." She said. "I'm going to step out of my comfort zone."

"Sadie Vance, are you saying..."

"I'm going to audition." She whispered as she looked at Ryan and Sharpay. "I have my reason."

Kelsi nodded as she continued to watch the auditions. Once they were done, Sadie clapped causing Kelsi to. "Next is our little Sadie."

Ryan looked as he watched Sadie look at Miss Darbus. "I'm going to sing a different song." She tells her. "Something that is to my taste." Looking at her best friend, Sadie smiled. "Kelsi, will you please?"

I've never been one to step out of my comfort zone
Whenever I try
I'm afraid to just let go
Don't know why I run
Don't know why I hide
Never let them know what I feel inside
Don't know why I'm scared just to take a chance
While I'm just standing here
I've never been one to break free
'Cause I've always cared what everyone thinks of me
Don't know why I run
Don't know why I hide
Never let them know what I feel inside
Don't know why I'm scared just to take a chance
While I'm just standing here
Like a bird, I'm free to fly
Spread my wings and fly my life
Like a bird, I'm up so high
Out of the cage, it's my time to shine
Like a bird, I'm free to fly
So tell me, tell me why don't I

Ryan smiled as he clapped along with Miss. Darbus. "That's my little Sadie." She said as Sadie walked off just for Jacob to hug her.

"You did it."

"Yeah." She said as she looked at Ryan and smiled. "I have a lot of thanking to do."

"Ryan?"

"Shut up, Jacob."

"Any last minute sign ups?"

Sadie walked away causing Ryan to follow her. "You did amazing." He said. "You actually performed."

"I did it because I wanted a change and to be recognized as someone instead of being in the dark." She said kissing his cheek. "Thank you."

Ryan touched his cheek as he watched Sadie leave. He smiled as now, he needs to ask her out.