Ruth's Notebook Entry: Sam

Page 24 of Journal 3:

Sam
It hurts to admit this, but I may have been too cold towards Sam. He seemed like the type of guy who would take any chance to make fun of me, then he seemed like the type of guy who shoves positivity down everyone's throat. Surprisingly, both assumptions have been proven false.

I'm always right about this kind of stuff though. I can tell what a person is like simply through observing them for no more than a few minutes. At least that's what I thought. Is it possible that my judgement is flawed? I've never stopped to ask myself that, but I'm now faced with two decisions: ignore the possibility that my judgment may be flawed and continue trusting myself, or I can face the possibility that the part of me I thought I could depend on is broken. The latter would mean that I have to test my judgement. This would mean giving a few people a chance.   Screw that. I'll just continue to give Sam a chance and see how accurate my original judgement of him was.

Though it may be dangerous to attempt such a daring experiment, it has to be better than just living with a possibly flawed system, right? It has to be better.

I've never prayed before and I highly doubt that whatever god is out there would be listening to me, but I'm going to attempt to put out a message to the universe that I need this to work out. I just need this one thing to work out.

Author's Note:
I'm sorry about how short this chapter is. I'll probably write more chapters containing Ruth's journal entries just as a way to give more insight into what is going on in Ruth's head.

Also, the god stuff at the very end isn't meant to criticize or attack anyone's beliefs; it's just the character's personal beliefs.