book 1 part 2 winter solstice

Mei ling had woken up from a long sleep. Her hand moving over towards something small. Opening her eyes she felt a small body press against her, moving over she felt another one. "I'm stuck aren't I?" She laughed a little as a knock was heard. "Come in"

Ozai stood in her doorway a smile graced his face before quietly walking over to her. "You are stuck"

"Help she looked toward the direction of ozai or at least where she thought he was based on his movement. Ozai gently grabbed her arm before pulling her up as she landed into him. Catching her and feeling her body press against him he chuckled a little. "Dusting herself off before gently moving the blanket over the two. They both quietly stepped out. "What day is it?"  December 22. I believe the winter solstice?" Ozai said sitting at the table as meiling frowned.

"Wonderful" she grabbed her coat and opened the door. Heading out. "Where are you going"

"Avoiding my birth day, I always avoid my birthday" she said closing the door behind her.

"Father, what's wrong with mei ling" his two children asked stepping by him. Ozai frowned a bit. "Azula, zuko"

"Yes?" They both said with almost to much energy. "Find out what you can about her. And her favorite things, I'll go and see what happened 25 years ago on the day on of her birth and why her parents were killed. Ozaks story reminds me of something that I need to look into" standing up the three headed. Ozai headed back to his Royal home as the two kids found mei ling. "Mei! Mei" hearing two voices she smiled gently. "I can't get away from you two can I?"

"Nope your ours now!" Zuko shouted holding her hand as azula held the other hand. They both walked through the town a mei ling felt a soft silk kimono and a made her way to the animal sanctuary and was petting a turtle duck.

"I always wanted one of those" mei ling smiled at zukos word. "They're cute and soft.

"How can you know they're cute. If you can't see?" Azula questioned mei ling gave a gentle laugh before picking up the animal. "I usually tell by feeling the animal. It's soft and has a round head and a beak and it's got a shell. So to me i may not see it. But it's cute"

"It is cute" zuko said smiling as azula sat next to them. She never felt this usually she felt anger or hatred towards zuko but she now gets to be a child.

Ozai was searching the palace archives for anything on mei ling or anything about a child being born on the winter solstice. He eventually found a scroll and began reading.

A child born blind upon a winter solstice will the savior of the world or the destruction if in the wrong hands. The child will not be healed until the one she is meant to be with gives her a kiss on her 25th birthday. If the kiss is meant to be she will be able to see once again and if the love is real she'll be ready to stay by the person but if the love isn't meant to be she'll forever remain blind and she will die on her next birthday the day she turns 26.

Who ever reads this scroll can only see it if they are meant to be together if you can't see this. Then you are not the one to be.

Go find her she's there her name is mei ling.

Ozai stood up and quickly made his way into the city eventually landing on the girl. He walked towards her and grabbed her and pressed his lips to hers.

Mei ling didn't know how to react she felt ozais lips against hers. She felt him kiss her and back away before looking at her. "Anything?" "Yeah did you have to kiss me that hard!" She looked into his brown eyes before widening. "Ozai is that you?"

"Yes its me" "how I can see you!" She looked shocked before ozai kissed her again. "I read a prophecy about you"

"Me! But"

Ozai didn't say anything only kissing her once again to confirm something. He felt love towards this young woman. Something he never felt with the kids mother. "Mei ling!" Zuko yelled before azula stopped him as they witnessed they're dad kissing her. Ozai pressed mei ling closer to him as he never stopped.

Mei lings mind was in a daze how did she see. She's 25 now but how. She will always be blind but someone a kiss gave her sight. "Had I known a kiss would save my sight I would've done a long time ago."

"Kiss the wrong person and you would've died by your next birthday at the age of 26" ozai said as if it was the most natural thing to ever happen. Mei ling eyes widen and she frowned. "So basically I'm only alive for nothing!"

"No you're alive because my kids love you. I have feelings for you. If you and I weren't meant to be i wouldn't be able to read the scroll about you.! I wouldn't be able to give you sight again with a simple kiss. Mei ling you know I have feelings. I didn't know it until a few days ago and when I seen you sleeping with my two kids it stirred something in me. Something warm. My ex wife never did that. She barely even allowed the kids in bed with us. Zuko always thought I hated him but I was harsh to protect him. His mother is evil. Shes a horrible person. Mei ling you're the mother these kids need and the one they love."

Mei ling was shocked this was a lot to take in. Sure she loved the kids but shes never been in a relationship or anything remotely close to one. How can she be a good girlfriend to him. She was afraid that she'll miss up and ruin things and then she'll go blind again. Or worse die.  Looking down tears began falling as ozai pulled her into a hug as the kids joined in. Hugging her. Words from the kids gave her a new found courage. "We want you as our mom"

"Please be their mother" ozai said as mei ling smiled and nodded.

(I promise you, I gave her eye sight for a reason, aang will show up later on. But this is about mei ling way before aang is discovered by katara and sokka. I wanted to create mei ling as a huge savior or destroyer based on the person and I do want to make her have a bad side too. So as ozai read the scroll he didn't realize he was creating her villain side and if her villain or clone gets hurt so does she. Please enjoy this chapter I'm sorry it took so long. I'm working on another story too so I'll work on this too. I'm glad y'all keep asking for updates. So here's an update. I'll try to write a story every week. Or at least Sundays and Thursday. If can.

But there will be new chapters
How ozai and mei ling are a couple but he has a choice to make. Either become evil or save mei ling and bring about peace. 

Y'all can guess what I might do. But I might also do two different endings in the story.

Enjoy.