Flamepaw's Warrior Ceremony

AUTHOR'S NOTE

 **THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FOR THE NEWEST WARRIORS BOOK (Warriors: A Starless Clan: River) ** 

Ah! Hello gals and guys, and my non-binary pals!! 

Please read the following:

This is my first story (>.< so scary!) so it might be a bit akward... But if you notice any mistakes please comment them! I would love to receive some constructive criticism/feedback. Also if you have suggestions for any StarClan scenes I would love to hear them, and if I like your idea I will add it as its own chapter (And credit you for the idea, of course) Well, here we go!

**I DO NOT OWN WARRIORS, NOR CLAIM TO. ERIN HUNTER OWNS AND WRITES WARRIORS, THIS IS MERELY FANFICTION. SOME PARTS MAY BE BASED ON EVENTS THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN THE BOOKS**

* * * * * * * * *

The stars shone brightly over lush green grass that moved softly in the breeze. The stars were reflected in a small pool where a large group of StarClan cats were gathered, murmuring softly amongst themselves. Their anxious whispers of small-talk were all that split the deafening silence of StarClan's peaceful territory. 

A fluffy yellowish-orange tom with massive white paws leaped up onto a rock that sat slightly behind the pool, "Cats of StarClan who choose to watch over our ThunderClan descendants," he began and the cats silence themselves immediately, "We gather here today to watch a new warrior of ThunderClan be made-" the cats were cheering now "-BrambleStar is giving the apprentice Flamepaw his warrior name!"

The cats who sat at the water's edge purred proudly, but one of them- a pitch black tom with a little kitten at his paws- was purring so loudly that the only cat whose purrs rivaled his was a bright orange tom who sat nearby.

"Now remember, any cat who so wishes may go travel through the pool to Flamepaw to sit with him during his night vigil- but must not be noticed by any cat. Now, let us turn our attention to the moon pool as BrambleStar begins the ceremony." Thunderstar ( The founder of Thunder clan for those who didn't read Dawn of The Clans ) meowed.

They watched as Bramble star went through the procedures, speaking the words countless leaders before him had spoken to every cat who had ever been a part of Thunderclan. 

Through the moon pool they heard as the moment they had been waiting for unfolded, "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Squirrflight tells me that you showed extraordinary patience and ingenuity in your last hunt, just like Firestar-" Firestar purred proudly, "-To honor that connection, from this day forward Flamepaw will be known as Flameheart, and we welcome him as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

"Flameheart! Flameheart!" The cats were cheering both in Thunderclan camp and by the Moonpool, both living and dead cats alike celebrating the newest warrior of ThunderClan. Firestar's joyous cheers could be heard above the rest, his delight threatening to overwhelm him and his mate Sandstorm, who sat beside him, purred in amusement at his excitement, love for her mate and pride for her daughter's daughter's kit shining in her eyes.

Suddenly Flameheart held up his tail to silence his clanmates who cheered for him in Thunderclan camp. Confused noises could be heard as the cheers died down and many cats leaned forward to better see what was going on.

"Flameheart will not be my name," the tom announced. Everyone gasped in confusion.

Several yowls of outrage could be heard, among the loudest was Squirrelflights, Flamepaw's mother's mother and Firestar's daughter.