One

Selenas P.O.V

I woke up to my brother Dustin bursting through my door singing happy birthday. I hid my head deeper in the blankets and sigh. All of a sudden I feel my brother on top of me crushing me.

"GET OFF ME I CAN'T BREATHE!" I yelled at him, even though it was probably only a whisper. He starts to laugh and rolls off me.

"Come on bear today is your birthday cant a big brother be happy for his little sister and want to celebrate the amazing day." I huff and look at him,

"Today is just like any other day. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean anything. Now come on we got training to do." He groaned which caused me to laugh. I got up and walked to my bathroom.

Now I'm not going to say I am the hottest shewolf out but I do look good. My golden honey blond hair is falling in beautiful waves and my blue eyes shine so brightly. I have a decent amount of curves in all the right places. I glance at myself one more time then hop in the shower I am going to make the most of today. 

When I'm done I walk downstairs and smile once the smell of pancakes and sausage hit my nose. I rush to the kitchen pushing Dustin out of the way.

"Bear slow down the food will still be there." I laugh and ignore him.

"Good morning bear. How is my birthday girl doing?" My mother asked without turning away from the stove.

"Dustin tried to kill me this morning he jumped on me and tried to smother me." My mom just laughed and I growled. 

"Mom it's not funny," I grumbled. Dustin came in and nudged me.

"Stop being a baby your 18 today now it's time to grow up." I stuck my tongue out at him and then grabbed a plate of food. I looked around

"Where is dad?" I asked mom,

"He had a meeting today. You know with all the rouges coming around we have to be on our guard so your dad is meeting with some other alphas to see if they can lend out because they are up to something and we need to figure it out." I nodded and continued to eat. Once I was done I grabbed Dustin and we headed off to training.

Once we came back mom made me go shower and put on something nice because she wanted to have a party with all the pack to celebrate my 18 birthday. I sighed but did as I was told because she is a scary woman when she is mad. I walk upstairs and look through my closet. I found a cute simple sky blue sundress and a pair of white flats. I shower fast and put them on. I walk downstairs and outside and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement. My mom really went all out.

I walk down the steps and try and find my family. I see my dad and run to him he opens his arms wide and I run to them. I loved my dad's big bear hugs.

"Hey bear happy birthday." I smiled 

"I'm glad you could make it." He laughed,

"I wouldn't miss it for the whole world bear." I smile and back out of his arms. That's the last thing I remember before all hell broke loose.

I was out dancing with Dustin when all of a sudden screams could be heard coming from all over. I start looking around for my dad and spot him. Dustin and I rush over to hear my dad barking out orders. 

"Fred I need you to take team a to the south and Brad I need you to take team b to the north. Wesley, Dustin, and Blake will take the west, and Paul Gary and I will take the east. Selena, I need you to get all the kids and women to the shelters and out of here as fast and safely as you can." We all nod and split our separate ways. I hurry up and run and gather all the women and kids.

"Come on everyone we need to get to safety." We make it to the entrance and everyone goes inside. I look at mary the betas wife.

"Make sure everyone gets to safety I'm going back out to fight." She nods and I shut the door. I run back to my house and see blood and bodies everywhere. Some of our men and some rogues. All of a sudden a man appears in front of me. 

"Awe Selena it's nice to finally meet you I have been waiting on this day for a long time." I was taken back why would he know my name before I could ask any questions I heard a loud and menacing growl come from behind me. All of a sudden there stood my dad.

"Kane I should have known it was you who was behind this." He practically spat out those words. The man Kane laughed at my dad.

"Oh dear, Brian how I have dreamed of this day for many years. I can't wait to finally take back what is rightfully my brother." I gasped dad had a brother he never told us about and what does he mean rightfully his? All of a sudden my dad charged at him but the man throw something and my dad instantly fell to the ground.

"Not so fast Brian you may be stronger than me but you were never smarter than me. Since you got me kicked out of the pack I have been traveling and making very powerful friends all the long and we all have one thing in common to take down all of you guys and show you how we have felt all this time. Now if you will excuse me I have other things to get to." He started to walk towards me till a brown wolf jumped out of the woods and threw him to the side.

"Now now Annabell don't be so mean. You have always known this day would happen. Don't try in stop it either you guys can hand over what is mine or I will destroy your whole pack." My mom looked at me and I knew what she was saying but I couldn't. I couldn't just leave.

All of a sudden Dustin came out of nowhere and knocked Kane down.

"So the little boy wants to play well come on I'm done being nice now you guys have just pissed me off." All of a sudden he burst into his mucky brown wolf and attacks Dustin. I freeze because the next thing I know my mom jumps in and Kane has her neck in his mouth. 

"RUN!" That's the only thing I can hear echoing in my mind from my mother before the connection is cut off as he chomps down and breaks her neck. All I can do is look into her eyes as they drain of life. As soon as her body hit the floor I broke out of my trans and started to run. I didn't know where I was going all I knew was I couldn't go back.