Lost In The Garden

Nothing in my life was really going that well. So my mood wasn’t that great either. That's why in the lunch-break I was just standing alone in our college balcony, thinking about my terrible life. Then a guy came and stand to my right. He looked like one of the seniors. And he didn’t look too happy either. After few moments he came to my other side.

-"Why do u look sad?" the senior asked.

At first I was like, why is he asking me this? Cause no one really asks me this kind of things. But then again, I thought it could be because he might also be feeling down.

-"Because of my life.. I'm tired of it" I said being disgruntled.

-"Ur life can't be that bad."

-"It is that bad.. What problem don’t I have? Family problems, relation problems, even problems with my best friend! Can it get any worse?"

-"Um.. Though it can get better."

Then he pointed at a direction.

-"In that direction of the college, there is a very beautiful garden. Spending time there might cheer you up."

Saying that, he went away. I went at the direction he said. I've never gone too far from the college boundary before, so I was seeing many things that I didn’t even knew were there. As I went further, I found the garden. It was indeed really beautiful! There were fallen red maple leaves, in the middle of summer?  Bloomed cherry blossom trees, when it was the west part of the world? Lit vanilla candles, sent of lemon tree, to be exact things that I really liked were in that garden; even though some didn’t really make any sense. As I was enjoying the view and atmosphere, I noticed an envelop on a bench with my name written on it! Being curious, I picked it up. And started reading the letter inside.

(The letter)

-Dear Lansi,

All this years, I missed you. I missed you a lot. And now when I've finally meet you again, your life is full of pain. It hurts me to see this. I don’t know if you recognised me or not, but I sure did. You've grown so much. You aren’t that lil' girl I remembered anymore. And a last thing I wanna tell you, my love will always be there whenever you are not ok. Stay well.

Shawn-

At that moment I remembered, the senior had the same scar on his hand as he (Shawn) did 4 years ago. I thought to myself, could he (The senior) be him (Shawn). I ran to see if the senior was there or not. I couldn’t find him. So I went to our college care-taker.

-"Uncle, you know pretty much all the students of this college right?"

-"Yes."

-"So have you seen that guy with a scar on his right hand, who's a bit taller then me, has blue eyes, brown hair &-"

-"Listen to me first!"

-"Y-yes?"

-"As far as I know, no student of this college has a scar on their right hand, or the left."

After hearing his words, I was genuinely shocked!

-"Th-then have you seen someone with a scar on their right hand entering the college today?" I asked again, being hopeful.

-"No, you must've seen wrong."

But how could this be?! Being confused & upset I again went to the garden. But! Instead of a garden, there was a graveyard now! My hole body was shivering in chills.. Then I noticed him (The senior), but he was somewhat transparent this time. And as I looked down,,, his legs weren’t even touching the ground!! I started crying in fear.

-"Sis!.." he said in a calm voice.

-"A-are you really my brother?! If so, then why do u look like this?" I said while crying.

-"Cause... cause I'm no longer alive. The journey of my life ended way back, 4 years ago.."

That is when I started crying hard, like a lil' kid. Moments later I gathered my courage and spoke.

-"But if you're not even alive, then how & why are you here?!"

-"Your emotions.. It made me come here, come to you. Cause even if we die, the love for our close ones never dies.."