Chapter 4

When the train starts moving, Peeta walks off to another direction in the train with no words. A guard walks up to Alessia. He looks around to see if anyone is watching. He leans in, staring at a very confused and wrecked Alessia intently. She slowly steps, scared of his next move because she's seen peace keepers and guards abuse many. But instead he whispers just so Alessia can hear, "I hope you win."
Effie Trinket then approaches them with her loud pink heels she wears.
The guard quickly straightens up and tries to cover the evidence that he's been talking to the tribute.
"Oh! Did you need help showing Alessia to her room?" Effie stared at the two with her cheerful smile.
"No I was just showing her the way. Come with me, tribute. Goodbye, Ms. Trinket." The guard then walks off, taking Alessia with him and leads her to her room. Effie watches as they walk away.
The door to Alessia's room could be heard closing, and the guards footsteps slowly faded away.
"Hmm, Ms. Trinket. What a lovely name... I think I may keep that for future use!" Effie smiles to herself and walks to Alessia's room.

Alessia is completely zoned out while examining her mockingjay pin. She hears the door of her room slide open and she quickly looks up. Effie walks in.
"Dear, it's time for supper," Effie looks at Alessia and examines the pin until Alessia says, "What? Oh, alright."
Effie starts walking out of the room and Alessia quickly gets up and follows.
The two girls walk into the dining room, it's a large room for a train. It has blue velvet chairs on the side of the train car, tables across the whole room with pretty plates and silverware all set up perfectly on small tables.
Effie sees Peeta waiting at a table and they walk up to him.
"Where's Haymitch?" Effie looks around, almost as if Haymitch was hiding in the room.
"Last time I saw him, he said he was going to take a nap," Peeta quickly glances at Alessia but then back at Effie.
"Well! It has been an exhausting day," Effie sighs and sits down at an empty chair next to Peeta.

Alessia, Peeta, and Effie begin eating some food that was brought to them. Alessia tries her best to take a bite of the soup and a pastry that was given to her but her appetite was gone. After tasting a couple bites, she found the food delicious and forgot about the Hunger Games for a moment and ate her food. Effie notices both their politeness and manners.
"At least you two have decent manners. The pair last year ate everything with their hands like a couple of savages. It upsetted my digestion," Effie looks at the two tributes from across the table.
Alessia looks up and narrows her eyes at Effie, Alessia knows that Last years tributes were probably malnourished and probably hadn't been able to get food because their district was so poor. She knew what it was like to starve and not be able to get food, she knew how it felt.
She then begins to eat the rest of her meal, noisily chewing, slurping on the soup, and with using her hands instead.
Effie gives Alessia an offended look, trying to eat while acting as if she had not noticed Alessia. A few minutes later, Effie slams her hands down on the table as Haymitch awkwardly enters the dining room.
"Are you going to eat properly anymore," Effie asks, she got irritated quickly.
"Well. I was actually just leaving," Alessia narrows her eyes at Effie and stands up from her seat, she wipes her hands on the tablecloth in front of the very disturbed Effie. They all watch as Alessia leaves. All eyes then go to Peeta. He slowly rises and leaves.
Once the door closes behind him, Haymitch giggles and hiccups. A very irritated Effie rolls her eyes at a very dirty, messy, and drunk Haymitch.

Peeta and Alessia go into another room to watch the other reapings of the other districts.
The two of them both watch the program, with rock hard expressions, examining their competition as close as possible.
The television then shows Foxface being announced as tribute back in District 5 by a Capitol Reaping Announcer that has been assigned to that district. Foxface had an expression similar to Alessia's. Peeta frowns at the screen in front of him.

Effie than slightly stomps into the room, picks up the remote and turns the T.V. off.
She's very disgruntled and says, "your mentor has a lot to learn about presentation. And a lot about televised behavior."
Peeta unexpectedly laughs, slightly surprising both Effie and Alessia.
"He was drunk, he's drunk every year," Peeta looks at Effie. "More like every day," Alessia smirks and both the tributes start laughing in unison. As Effie begins to talk their laughing fades into silence.
Effie hisses, "Yes. How odd you two find it amusing. You know your mentor is your lifeline to the world in these Games. The one who advises you, lines up your sponsors, and dictates the presentation of any gifts. Haymitch can well be the difference between your life and your death!"
Alessia and Peeta exchange a frowned look with each other. Haymitch enters through the sliding door and staggers while clutching onto a liquor bottle.
"I miss'd supper?" He slurs, he then vomits all over the carpet and falls into his own mess.
Effie backs away because of the mess, "So laugh away, and we'll see who's laughing after you die!"
She hops out of the room, dodging any spots with Haymitch's vomit on it.
Peeta and Alessia exchange looks again.
Alessia gets up from her seat and says, "Oh, Haymitch, why do you do this to yourself?"
"Do whu tu mah self?" Haymitch mumbles and burps as he tries to talk.
Alessia and Peeta continue to help Haymitch back up to his feet. Haymitch then falls back down with a groan. Peeta throws himself under the man's shoulder, leading him to one of the trains bathrooms and hauls Haymitch into a bathtub and turns on the shower.
Haymitch sits there with a blank expression and lazy face. His clothes get wet, along with his hair. But he seems to pay no attention to anything, much less that.
"Come on Haymitch, you don't want your clothes to get wet, do you?" Alessia tries to say to Haymitch but he doesn't respond. Instead he only smacks his lips together.
Peeta turns over to Alessia, "it's okay, I'll take it from here," Peeta tells Alessia softly.
"All right. I can send one of the Capitol people to help you," Alessia suggests but he just shakes his head. She nods and heads back to her room.