Chapter 7

"Max." Dominic's voice booms over the music. Max turns to Dominic and raises his eyebrows as if to tell to continue. "I'm going home, Ell is coming with me."

Max glances at me and nods. "See you tomorrow then." He tells Dominic. Max leans closer to me, "sorry about tonight, I didn't expect this when I invited you out with us." He looks guilty as he pulls back to look at my face.

I shrug. "It's fine." I tell him over the music. "Have fun."

When I look back at Dominic he's already standing and looking down at me expectantly, even in the dark of the club his green eyes still bore into me. I climb up out of the booth and follow after Dominic as he begins to weave through the crowd. There's a lot more people in here than when we'd come down from the dining room, even though Dominic is only a few steps in front of me he's already getting lost as people step in front of me. Luckily Dominic seems to notice as he turns back to me and takes a firm hold of my hand so I don't get lost or stuck again.

Within no time we are outside on the bustling streets of New York. I take in several deep breaths of fresh air, grateful to no longer be in the stale sweaty air of the club any longer.

Dominic releases my hand as he reaches into his inner jacket pocket and pulls out a valet stub to hand off to the attendant. "No a clubbing person then?"

I shake my head.

"Then what sort of person are you?" His tone is firm as he asks though his eyes are filled with curiosity as we stand curbside waiting for the valet to bring back his car.

"The type of person who prefers a quiet night in with books or a good film as opposed to somewhere like that." I shrug simply.

Dominic's car pulls up in front of us and Dominic opens my door for me again. I thank him as I step in and buckle myself in. Dominic gets in and is peeling away from the curb within seconds. His speed much more reasonable that the speed he'd been driving for most of the drive to the club.

The car ride back to the apartment is filled with a welcomed silence as I look out my side window as the busy streets of New York at night. 

When Dominic parks the car in the underground parking we both get out and head over to the elevator.

I lean my hand flat against the wall of the elevator as I pull off each of my heels, holding them in one hand as I stand back up normally again.

"Not a fan of the heels either?" Dominic chuckles.

I shake my head. "Heels hurt so much to wear."

"You didn't have to wear them, I said you could wear whatever." He says somewhat bluntly.

I shrug. "Do you guys have tea?" I ask as the elevator opens into the apartment.

"No." He steps off the elevator.

"Ok, night then."

Dominic turns back to look at me. He glances down at his watch. "It's nine, you're off to bed already?"

I shrug. "I've had dinner, there's nothing really else left of the night."

"Ok." He turns around and walks into the kitchen leaving me in the foyer.

I head up to my room, changing into my pyjamas, grateful to be taking my bra off finally. I put the heels on the shoe rack and put my washing into the laundry hamper. Walking back out to the bedroom I grabbed my book and headed back over to the window where I was sitting earlier. 

My mind wanders to when Dominic had been standing in this very spot as I emerged from the bathroom in my towel. His eyes as they took in my form...

My thoughts are cut off when a knock comes to the bedroom door. I stood up from the floor, placing the book on my bed as I passed by it, and pulled the door open. "Dominic."

"How about a movie then?"

"What?" I ask confused.

His eyes leave mine as he takes in my appearance. "You were in bed? I didn't..."

"I wasn't I was just reading." I had planned on reading, that's close enough to the truth.

"I'm going to be putting on a movie if you'd like to come watch. We don't have tea but we have coffee and hot chocolates?" He sounds so different, less harsh, not even rude. He's being polite and offering something. He's been oddly nice this evening.

I nod slowly. "A hot chocolate would be lovely thank you." 

Dominic turns on his heel and makes his way down stairs. 

I pull my bedroom door closed before following after him, down into the kitchen I find him with a saucepan on the stove top. I watch as he puts milk into the saucepan and lets it heat up before adding solid drinking chocolates to melt into the milk.

He turns his head to me over his shoulder. "I'll bring these out in a minute. Go sit on the couch." His voice isn't as firm as it always is, but the command is still there.

I don't say anything as I walk out of the kitchen and head for one of the sofas in the living room. I choose my seat that has a straight view of the TV. Sitting cross legged I wait for Dominic to come.

A minute later Dominic comes into the living room holding two mugs, he hands one to me before sitting down a few feet away from me on the sofa. "Thank you." I smile at him, holding my mug in both my hands as I inhale the delicious chocolate scent.

He nods once and has his eyes fixed on the TV as he turns it on and turns on a film I've never heard of before. Dominic is sitting with one of his legs crossed over the other.

I turn my attention to the film and take a sip of the delicious hot chocolate Dominic had made for me.

"You looked nice tonight." Dominic speaks up after a while had passed between us.

I turn my head, shocked at his words, to look at the man whose green eyes are already trained on me. "Uh, thank you?" It came out more of a question because this man before me has never given me a compliment, and him being this nice it was beginning to confuse me. "You did too." I say looking at his suit that he still wore, the expensive looking suit that made me curious again at how he and my brother could afford such luxuries.

Dominic nods his head once as he seems to accept my compliment. His eyes were fixed on mine, keeping me frozen in place as he bore into my soul and made my skin heat up under his gaze. The static electricity from earlier had returned and I was suddenly made aware of how close we were on the sofa compared to the grande size of it. He was close enough I could reach out and touch him, not that I would. 

My mind wandered as I began to wonder what his touch would feel like. He had held my hand in the club earlier, by no other means than to stop me getting lost, but his touch had burned me even then. His hand was burning against mine as he held me under his firm grip. What would his touch feel like elsewhere? What would his lips feel like against mine? What would his hands feel like against my body... Nope, no, we can't be having thoughts like this.