Chapter 6: A new home?

Kuragari Miyko POV:

"Melissa! We're home." Ogami shouted, hanging his coat on a peg. I only then realised he was wearing a thick, black dog collar.

A middle aged woman appeared around the door.

"Ahhhh Shirou, Michiru! Your home! Breakfast will be in half an hour... oh and who is this you brought with you?" The woman spoke with a smile.

"My name is Kuragari Miyko." I bowed respectfully.

"Melissa, Kuragari will be staying here at the beastman co-op." Michiru spoke excitedly.

"A new arrival? Well, welcome to the city and welcome to your new home!" She spoke cheerfully and came and gave me a hug.

I stood there surprised for a moment before wrapping my arms around the woman and hugged her back.

"Let's show you to your room, and get you settled in. How does that sound?" She said pulling back and cupping my hands in hers.

"Yes... that would be amazing! Thank you!" I said before she turned and walked up the stairs. We walked along the corridor upstairs before walking up another flight of stairs to the roof.

She opened what looked like a shed on the rooftop, but was actually a guest room. A bed, book shelf full of books, desk, bathroom, and sofa with a coffee table stared back at me.

"Sorry, it's not a lot." Melissa apologised.

"No... I love it!" I smiled at her. She smiled at me and gave me a blue fluffy blanket.

"Hey Kuragari! I'm just across the roof! Looks like you and me are gonna be roof buddies!" Michiru laughed.

I laughed too.

"Come down then your ready, dear." Melissa spoke.

"Thank you ma'am." I said nodding. She smiled, turned on her heel and scurried off.

Closing the door round, I took my backpack off my shoulders. I set it on my bed and withdrew hoodies, t-shirts, jeans and shorts. The last items I withdrew was, a grey blanket with a mix of paw prints and hoof prints on it, a toy husky with sewn on antlers, and my photo album. The only items that I could save from the fire.

I put the toy on my bed, somewhere I doubt it could be seen. I put the photo album in a draw on the bed side cabinet.

I sat on the bed. The mattress was soft, I knew I would be comfortable here. I took my phone out of my pocket and switched it on.

A load of notifications came flooding through. Pinging rung throughout the room. Most News app notifications and texts from old friends:

News: Abnormal Beastman sighted in small village in Japan.

News: What is this new beastman sighted?

News: Any information on the beast must call the police station immediately and do not engage.

Zane: you waste of space.

Jack: you're a beast!

❤️Girlfriend❤️: Breaking up with you, you are a monster. Never contact me again.

The last notification stung. I felt tears pricking my eyes. All the things she told me... were a lie.

She promised to love me forever. I guess all good things come to an end. I wonder how long until this ends, and I get kicked out for what my beastman is. All I can do now is keep it a secret... again.

I wiped the tears now flooding down my cheeks. I went to the message and saw the small print under the message.

'This user has blocked you'