Part 1:Coming Out

Nick's POV

I can't believe mum took me coming out as bisexual so well. The way she just hugged me and accepted me was awesome. It's been a few weeks since I've truly accepted my sexuality, but saying it out loud to her just makes it seem somehow more real. I've always known Mum is pretty open minded, but I honestly couldn't comprehend how she would react to Charlie being my boyfriend. 

As I lay on my bed and stare up at the ceiling, my beach date with Charlie runs back through my head; holding his hand and kissing him like that felt amazing. It was the look of pure joy on his face that made me realise that I'm ready to come out; to my family and at school. I'm sick of hiding the best thing that's ever happened to me. I want to hold Charlie's hand in school. I want to kiss him when I feel like it and I don'twant to have to look around all the time to see if anyone suspects the truth. Sure, I know that I'm probably going to get some stick, but it's worth it for me to be able to share with the world that Charlie Spring is my boyfriend- and if I have my way, he'll be my boyfriend for a long time.

I turn and stare at the photo booth images of Charlie and I proudly sat on my bedside table. I smile as I examine each one in turn, feeling that now familiar fluttery feeling in my stomach when I look at him. I pick my phone up from the bedside table and load my chat strand with Charlie.

'Hey, guess what? I've just come out to Mum! <3'

Within seconds I can see Charlie is typing.

'OMG! Really???? How did she take it??? You're amazing! <3<3<3'

'She was unreal. She just gave me a hug and told me she loved me x'

'God, I'm crying over here. Your mum is so cool. How do you feel???'

I take a moment before I reply to Charlie.

'Honestly....like I finally know who I really am. Now mum knows, I don't really care what anyone else thinks <3'

Seconds later, Charlie is ringing me over FaceTime. I straighten my hair a little before I answer. His beautiful smile is instantly plastered over the screen the second I accept his call.

'Hey,' I say with a goofy grin on my face. We've been seeing each other for a couple of months, but I still haven't got over the effect he has on me. He is my world and there is no one else I'd rather be with.

'Hi, I wanted to see your face rather than just text,' Charlie admits, 'so it went really well then?'

'Yeah, I should have known mum would have been cool. Thinking back, I think she might have had an idea actually.'

'Really?'

'I mean I'm not certain, but she has made the odd comment about you being a really special friend. I guess I didn't hide my feelings very well,' I chuckle.

Charlie gives me a knowing yet adorable smile before requesting to see his one true love...Nellie. I call her over so she's on the screen and we fall into easy conversation about homework and school. As the topic of the next day crops up, Charlie's facial expression shifts ever so slightly; probably unnoticable to most people, but I know him- he's worried about something.

'Charlie, what's wrong?' I ask, interrupting the conversation.

'What? Nothing. I'm fine,' he replies.