3.

mels pov:

mels pov:

i sat in the backroom of the scoops ahoy table, steve sitting across from me. it has been a couple days into summer break and me and ribon have became friends, with often phone calls and bringing steve his lunch.

we hadn't mention us kissing ever since and and least tried to act the same.

"wait so how many days till dustin comes home?" steve asked for the twentieth time, "uhh like toda-"

"today?" steve shot up and asked i laughed at his excitment he was kinda cute. "jesus christ, uh yeah i think maybe tomorrow" i heard him sigh, "how do you not know like he-" steve was saying but got cut off as robin yelled,

"hey dingis your children are here" in a sarcastic tone, making me smile, steve shot up thinking dustin would be there opening the window connecting the backroom and the 'scooping-station' as an annoyed look formed on his face when he was greeted by mike, will, lucas, and max, "again, seriously?" steve said, as they have done this only couple days ago and the day before that.

the 4 kids came through the door, "hey mel" max said waving to me as i waved back, ever since me and max met, we connected. max always went to me with advice and sisterly things- i was like the older sister she never had and she was like the younger sister i never had.

steve then opened up the door leading to even more backrooms, letting them through to sneek into a movie theater, day of the dead.

"just because of that im going on break" robin mumbled to steve, sitting down next to me. steve sighed but still stayed down on his seat not wanting to get up and deicding to just wait till the bell rung.

"so.. steve, 5 strikes already? sure your gonna get a girl like how you talked to me about?" i started, referring to the whiteboard by the sliding window.

"yeah yeah, im still gonna get a girl it just takes time and lots of effert" he replied

"think your farrah fawc-" i instantly got cut off. "JESUS mel quite it robin cant now that stuff" steve said with a serious face.

"farrah fawcett?" robin laughed. making my face a shade of light pink, her laugh was so beautiful and i didnt hear it often. i wished that i could have a recording of her laugh and play it whenever i wanted to. and i know that sounds weird but the way it flowed, the melody.

i zoned out in my own bubble of my thoughts and was brought back when i heard robin call my name. "mel? are you okay?" she said looking me in my eyes and i shook my head.

"ye- yeah im sorry i just- zoned out" i said looking up to worried faces. i was so embarrassing.

"you sure?" robin asked, it made my palms sweaty and my heart beat, robin was asking me if i was okay, and it made me feel warm inside from the thought of her worrining for me, but it was embarrassing at the same time. "mhm" i said half-fake smiling.

steve got up when he heard the obnoxious ringing noises coming from the other room, erica.

"hey rob, can i ask a personal question" i asked her seeing if it was okay.

"do you have a crush?" i looked up to her, "sorry- that sounded like i was in middle school- i just meant if you liked anyone at the moment" i laughed.

her face grew a light shade of red from my question, "why do you ask" she replies, "just curious?" i said not so sure if that sounded like a good excuse, "but c'mon stop avoiding the question" i said

"uh, kinda" she laughed, my eyes felt teary, "rob, its a yes or no question" i said robin smirking, "yeahhhh" she said making a tear form before she could see it i looked down and wiped it so she hopefully couldnt tell, i wasnt especting for me to cry from her saying yes, and i basically already knew the answer but i couldnt control it.

"so who is it?" i said looking back up, "that i cannot say" robin said, "why? i wont tell them" i said, "it's different, and its not that i dont trust you- im just not ready for you to know yet" robin stated, "its alright i understand" i said back.

"so do you have like anyone?" robin spoke up after the room was silent for a couple of seconds, i felt my face get hot and she spoke up again, "that seemed like you were embarrassed, taking that as a yes" she observed, "well then you're correct" i smiled, i could see her smile slightly drop, but it quickly was brought back up again from her trying to hide the frown.

"are you gonna tell me who you like?" robin asked thinking she already knew the answer. "that remains a secert" i said taking a sip out of my water bottle.

"and another bites the dust," robin started as steve turned around looking at robin as she drew anothwr tally mark on the white board on the 'YOU SUCK' side as she said "you are 0 for 6 popeye" i laughed at her, steve saying "yeah, yeah, i can count" robin look suprised and said "you know that means you suck?" steve shaking his head, "yea, i can read too" i had to but in so i said "since when?"

"its this stupid hat, i am telling you it is totally blowing my best feture" i laughed at him mumbling "best feture," robin started up again, "yeah company policy is a real drag- you know, its a crazy idea but have you considered-" i cut robin off "telling the truth maybe?"

"oh you guys mean telling them that i cant even get into tech and my douchebag dad's trying ro teach me a lesson, i make three bucks an hour and i have no future? that truth?" steve repiled

"12 o'clock" i said pointing behind steve, steve turning around seeing a small group of girls, "im going in okay" he said to us before quickly talking again, "and you know what," he took off his hat and threw it inro the backroom, "screw company polcy" robin had a fake suprised face on, "oh my god your a whole new man"
"right ooo" steve said before turning around to the three ladies screaming "AHOY ladies would you like to set sail on this ocean of flavor with me, ill be your caption. im steve harrington"

i sighed knowing he was off to a terrible start as robin picked up the expo marker marking another tally. "you know, its funny how he went to all the girls drooling over him to the girls getting secondhand embarrassment from him" i stated, thinking about how quickly people switched up after he stopped being friends with the popular kid and only hanging out with me.

"im sure theres still some girls drooling over him" robin almost mumbled but i could still hear her, i pretended not to hear hee bc i thought she was referring to herself drooling over him.

closing time was 9pm, it was now 9:30 as we were walking out the doors when steve offered us a ride again. we both accepted his offwe because we both got dropped off there. we pulled into robins driveway as her smile dropped, "oh shit" she mumbled with a rather worried exsprsion on her face.

a/n: super excited for the next chapter!!
words: 1283