𝟐𝟗. ✭ 𝐀𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀 ✭

Braxton's arms unwrap from around me and I immediately miss the loss of them. "Come on. Let's get you dressed." That's right. I'm naked aside from my towel. That man had grabbed my bare body had held it against my will. I had fought and struggled which did absolutely nothing. I was helpless against him and that has me shivering from head to toe. "Come on, Adri, let's get some clothes on you. You're cold." He isn't wrong but it has nothing to do with the temperature of the room. 'Hey, hey," he grabs ahold of my chin, making me look up at him. "You're okay now. There's no need to cry anymore." Am I crying? The moisture running down my cheeks suggest that I am. He wipes the tears away with his thumbs and holds my face in his large hands for a moment, features filled with what I think is concern.

He ushers me over to my dresser. At least I'm pretty sure that's where we're going because I can't take my eyes off the blood smears on my bedroom floor. Braxton asks if he can remove my towel and I numbly nod. Like we'd said earlier, one naked body is the same as any other. Him seeing me this way was just whatever to him. His hands scan over me, not in an intimate manner, but an assessing one.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" His eyes continuing skimming, looking at every single inch of me.

"No." I mean, yeah, I'll probably bruise in some places but that's about it.

"He should've never been able to touch you like that. I don't know what I would've done if he'd hurt you, Adri." He pauses for a moment, jaw tensing and features hardening. "I hope your brother flays him alive." Jesus Christ. The intensity there, the actual desire to have my brother do such a thing, scares me. "I should've checked your room before letting you go inside. I'm sorry, Adri." He caresses my hip bone and then the side of my face, eyes grazing over my body one last time before those viridescent eyes land on mine. My heart thuds then stutters at the worry and guilt in them. He leans down slightly and just before I thinks he's going to kiss me he closes his eyes then turns his head to the side. His Adam's apple bobs before pulling away from me to rummage through my dresser.

When he turns back around he has a shirt in his hand. I lift my arms over my head, letting him slip it over me. Braxton then holds out leggings. I step into them, noticing how he neglected to take out any underthings which is exactly what I would do if I were dressing myself. He surprises me though by grabbing out some thick cushy socks and placing them over my feet.

"Thank you." He nods at me as he stands back up to his full height. "Do you think you could, uhm..." I tuck my hair behind my ears and look away from him. I was going to ask him to stay the night with me because I know I won't feel safe unless he does. Do I want him to know that though— not really, no. "Never mind."

"Just ask whatever it is you're going to ask, Adriana. The answer is going to be yes to whatever it is." The look he's wearing tells me he already knows the question I want to ask. Feeling like the stubborn brat I am, not wanting to appease him, I just shrug and begin to walk away from him. "Well, if you were going to ask me to leave you alone, then you'd be sorely disappointed to hear that I won't be leaving your side for the night."

"What if I told you that I didn't want you to stay? What if I said I don't want you around?" I'd be full of complete shit and he looks like he wants to say just that.

"I'd tell you that I don't get paid to listen to you. I get paid to protect you and I just did a piss poor job of that. I do not intend on having a repeat performance this evening. So, wherever you are— I am." I have never been so happy to have someone not listen to me in my entire life. "I'm not letting you out of my sight.

"Okay." There's a part of me that wants to thank him for not leaving me alone but my pride gets the better of me. I look around the room, specifically at my discarded towel and the sanguine stained floor. "Can we please get out of here?"