5 ↬ ᴛʜᴇꜰᴛ

Dangerous - left boy

Your eyes fluttered open uncomfortably, not all that different to the starting of an old car, and took in the room around you. It was dark and sticky and humid.  A bad taste lingered within your dry mouth.

It took a moment to register where you were, or where you *might* be, and why you were there.  To remember the events prior.  They came to you in a fuzzy haze, but eventually you had enough to understand the picture that was happening around you.

While out on a mission with Peacemaker, which you had gotten reluctantly roped into by Vigilante, the whole team of you had been taken down and captured in the midst of your assassination attempt on politician Royland Goff and his family.  Now, looking at the grimy dungeon you were tied up in, the knots far too tight for comfort, you kinda wished your attacker had killed you instead.

"Vigilante?" you called out, your voice hardly above a whisper.  The room was dark, figures slowly filling in your vision.

There was no response, at least not one from your desired person.  Instead, you heard a rough grunt from somewhere beside you, and the figure to your left began to take form.  Peacemaker's bulky figure sat tied up, succumbed to the same fate you had, which meant that the body strung up next to the table had to be your Vigilante.

Nothing happened for a little while, you struggling within your bonds.  The rope around your hands stretched, but never let up resistance.

"Chill out, Karma," Peacemaker told you.  His voice was startling in the stark silence.  "This is nothing I can't handle.  I'm basically a superhero."

You grumbled.  "Then why aren't you doing anything?"  If your hands had been free, you would have been pointing at him accusingly.

Peacemaker didn't say another sound, only directing his vision across the room.  The new figure, a much taller and older man, was much easier to distinguish, wearing nondescript clothes and heading directly for Vigilante.  This was your target from earlier, clearly whom had not been taken out.  The sight of him approaching your dangerous boyfriend normally wouldn't have been cause for alarm, but with everyone incapacitated, it didn't feel very assuring.

Especially with the knowledge that you were apparently restrained in his... dungeon, of sorts. Whatever the fuck this was.

The man placed both hands on Vigilante's mask, peeling the facial covering away from his head.  Immediately, Vigilante perked up, trying and failing to grab at the cloth that was rapidly leaving his face.

"Hey!"

Your captor didn't seem to note his protests, taking the mask and throwing it to the ground.  His face stayed stony and unexpressive, despite the mild thrashing and sudden facial energy coming from the now revealed Adrian Chase.  He maneuvered his facial muscles into expressions that could only be described as 'abstract'.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Peacemaker asked, taking the words right out of your mouth.

"If I keep changing my facial expressions," Adrian explained, while he kept changing his facial expressions, "he won't be able to recognize me in a lineup."

"You need to tell me what you know, how you know it, and who sent you - otherwise you will know pain unlike ever before," Goff said, not taking any time to humor Adrian's antics.    The threat given was enough to make your dry throat go even drier, but clearly, Peacemaker was not deterred.