Dunk or Splash

Story Created: 4/18/22

1:27 P.M. – Santa Monica Pier

The spy friends were enjoying themselves on the Santa Monica Pier. The only one of the spies who was not among them was Clover. Nick, Mat, and Blaine were looking around at everything.

"It sounds so odd for Clover to not be around with us," Alex told Sam and the others.

Alex had on a yellow Chinese outfit showing her midriff (think S2's Evil Hair Salon) and Sam had on a blue tanktop that showed a peek of her own midriff and brown slacks.

"Totally," Sam commented. "It's not like her to beat us out to Santa Monica for a beach day – I don't see her anywhere."

"Where did Clover get to, after all?" Britney wondered as she sported a blue sundress.

"You got me," Mat replied.

He had board shorts on and one of his white and blue 2004 throwback Motocross shirts, but this one read "Voss 28" on the back in black, which signified 2004 World Supercross champ Heath Voss.

"This totally wasn't in our plans," Blaine replied.

He had board shorts and his blue tanktop on as well.

"I know," Nick chastised.

"Hey, dude, it's not a total loss," Mat pointed out as he had a couple of bags of popcorn and gave one to Nick himself.

He and Sam split one while Nick and Alex split the other; Britney got in on Mat's popcorn while Blaine got some of Nick and Alex's bag of popcorn.

"Keepin' it light," Alex laughed.

"Hopefully we can find Clover sooner or later," Britney remarked.

"You'd think she'd be first to find a spot to work on her tan," Mat chuckled.

"Uh-huh," Nick groaned. "That's always like her, it seems."

Everybody kept looking around until Alex was the first to find Clover at a particular booth in her pink bikini.

"Clover?!" Alex remarked, surprised.

"Did I surprise you, hopefully?" Clover giggled.

"I think you did, and I'm psychic, so it's harder to surprise me," Nick quipped. "Why exactly are you in a dunk tank, of all things?"

"Dunno, it just looked like fun," Clover admitted. "I haven't seen one of these things since I was young, so I figured 'eh, what the heck'."

Clover then eyed her friends with a slightly mischievous grin. "Sooooo... do any of you wanna try and dunk me?" Clover giggled.

The spies all looked at each other, apparently deciding on whether or not to go for it.

Suddenly, a ball flew in from far off, striking the target on the dunk tank and sending Clover careening into the tank of water with a loud noise of surprise (she most certainly did not "EEP" or squeak).

Naturally, the spies were perplexed as to who had thrown that ball, until they turned around and noticed May standing over there, wearing an orange tank-top embroidered with the symbol of a dolphin curling around an anchor, jean shorts, and a smaller version of her trademark orange pirate cap. The spies also noticed a bunch of other people around her age right behind her.

"Still got the ol' throwing arm," May laughed, until she noticed exactly who she'd just dunked. "Holy crapbaskets, Clover!! I didn't know that was you in there!!"

"Dang, May, you've got quite the arm," Nick laughed. "Clover definitely didn't see it coming."

"Say, who are all of your friends here?" Britney asked. "I'd assume they're your friends."