Chapter 17

"𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?" Cheong-san whispered. 

The door was closed. Zombies were banging the windows and doors, but for now, we were safe. Except for one thing. A knocked over piano was on the other side of the room, and it was making a lot of noise, and last I checked, pianos don't make noise by them self. 

"Yeah, I can hear that. Let's check it out" I whispered back, grabbing a chair as a weapon. 

Cheong-san copied me, and we slowly began walking towards the sound, praying to God that we could handle whatever was making that noise. 

But the closer we got, the more obvious the snarling sound was. And my suspicion was confirmed, when we looked over at the piano and a zombiegirl was stuck underneath it, growling and snapping at us. 

"Should we kill it?" I asked, not sure if we should. She was after all once a student just like us. Even a 1. year like us. 

"I don't know" Cheong-san answered. 

"Maybe we should leave her be. She can't hurt us anyway, while she's stuck, right?" I explained and Cheong-san nodded. 

"Yeah, let's just leave her be" and with those words we both sat down again, trying to come up with a plan on how to escape this room and get back to the others. I missed them so much. And I was praying to God that they were all alive. 

Dau-su and Wu-jin, my two best friends since childhood, On-jo, Hyo-ryung and Ji-min, all girls were there for me when Gyeong-su died. Nam-ra... I didn't know her well, but she stood up for me as well. Joon-yeong... the same with him, but he had always been nice to me. And Su-Hyeok... God, I missed Su-Hyeok. 

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————

"Someone do it"

"I've never done it before"

"I'll do it, then"

"Y/n, wake up" Chehong-san shook me awake, but before I could ask him why, I heard the voices coming from the speakers. 

I quickly got up from my chair, Cheong-san and I sharing a hopeful look. 

"Ahh test 123, 123. Cheong-san... Y/n... are you there?" The sound of Dau-su's voice almost made me wanna cry. 

"Oh my God, it's Dau-su!" I exclaimed, a genuine smile playing on my lips. 

"We-"

"Ah hey. Cheong-san, Y/n, do you hear us?" my hear probably skipped like a thousand beats when I heard Su-Hyeok's voice again. 

I happy cried, hugging Cheong-san again. 

"It's them!" Cheong-san cheered. 

"It is!" I cheered back, the two of us filled with joy. 

"We will come to you, so stay put" Su-Hyeok continued. 

"What? No, moron. You can't come here. It's too dangerous" I replied to the speaker, obviously knowing that I wouldn't get an answer. 

"We know it's dangerous, but you have to stay put, okay? We'll come for you" Su-Hyeok said again. 

"Please listen to us" On-jo added, and I saw the hurtful look on Cheong-san's face. He cared so much for On-jo, and it was slowly killing him.

Then the speaker cut out and the room went silent again. 

"We can't stay put in here, they'll die" I argued and Cheong-san nodded. 

"I agree with you, but if we leave, we might go a wrong way and then we might loose them again. I think, it's best to stay put this time" Cheong-san said and with a sigh I sat down again.