The Thing-

Vita looked at her breakfast. Just some rice and fried chicken. Nothing more. She glanced towards Ayu, who's eating her breakfast happily. Her bats get some too. Vita still doesn't know which one of the bats is which.

Vita could only glance back towards her breakfast then eat it. "I guess today is another normal day..." She thought as she puts some food into her mouth.

...

Well, that's what she thought.

"Vita! Vita! Look!" Ayu called out to her housemate, waving her hand then pointing towards the TV that's on right now. Vita walked to where the TV is and just stood infront of it, looking at what's on it.

It was the news. The news reporter seemed confused. The news reporter then speaked. "Ah, um, breaking news. Somebody decided that it would be a fantastic idea to let the zoo animals roam around the city after letting them loose from a local zoo. Until this second, the police are still trying to find the rest of the animals. That is all. Stay safe and have a great day."

Vita could see the news reporter mumble something, but obviously she couldn't hear what they were mumbling. The news reporter looked annoyed though. Big oof. Vita turned her head to Ayu, who just sat on the couch infront of the TV.

"*Sigh* Who would dare do that...? That could seriously be dangerous..." Vita said, a bit worried. "Oh don't worry about it~! As long as we stay inside, then we'll totally be save!" Ayu reassured. Her bats doesn't seem like they agree. Vita only sighed as she sat on the couch beside Ayu. Ayu's bats then twirl around her in a circle.

"Well I guess staying inside is safe enough. I just hope none of the animals from the zoo knocks this building down or something." Vita muttered quietly. Vita didn't know what else to do until she suddenly felt her phone ring. She picked it up, then saw who was calling.

It was Shirabe. God, what is it now? Did she just saw the news and wanted to tell Vita about it? It's already too late for that, since Vita already knows. Vita then picked the call as she got up from the couch and walked a little farther from where Ayu and her bats are.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Vita said, seemingly uninterested at whatever Shirabe was gonna tell her. "Hi, you saw the news already?" Shirabe's voice can be heard from the phone. Vita only sighed as she answered. "Yes, I did. I suggest you don't go out at all." "Hm, yeah, yeah, I won't, no need to worry." Shirabe reassured.

Silence. Just pure silence. Nothing is said after that. Vita didn't know how to break the silence, until Shirabe did it instead. "Ah, I gotta go now. I'll call you again another time, bye." Shirabe said. She sounded like she's in a rush. "Alright, bye." And just like that, Vita hung up.

She walked back to the couch and sat on it again. "God...Being inside is boring. But I need to stay inside so that I could be safe. But it's quite boring..." Vita sighed again. She glanced at Ayu, who seemed like she was asleep. "Wait what-?" Vita muttered, turning her head fully to Ayu.

Ayu was actually sound asleep. It's literally morning time right now. She could've slept around noon. "I swear to god, it's still morning time, Ayu." Vita shouted out. Ayu didn't really wake up, but Vita can hear a groan coming from her. "Goddamnit. Fine then. I won't bother you..." Vita got up from the couch and walked to the bathroom. She hasn't really took a bath yet. She should really do that.

Overall, Vita for the whole day just reassures herself that today is a totally "normal" day.