chapter 02 ; sparks fly

CHAPTER TWO
Our Song

2 months later, I was sitting in my room. I was strumming my gutiar, trying to figure out a rhythm for my new song. The rain was pouring outside, Raindrops hitting my window. I was thinking about Patrick. His curly dark brown hair, His smile, His green eyes. Everything about him was perfect. The way he moved was like a full on rainstorm, He's the kind of reckless that should send me running, but somehow i know that i wont get far. In a few weeks our Sophomore year would start. I was excited, but a bit scared. My thoughts were paused by the sound of my landline phone ringing. I answered immediately. Hoping it would be Patrick. All i could hear was a muffled voice. "Drop everything now, Meet me in the pouring rain. Kiss me on the sidewalk, Take away the pain." It was the lyrics my new song. I knew it must be Patrick because i only shared that song with him. I chuckled. "What is it, Patrick?" I asked. "Come outside, Beth." He said. I hung up on him, Walking downstairs. What the hell is he doing? I wondered. I walked towards the door, I could hear the thunder roaring from outside. I opened up the front door, Gasping. "Patrick!" I yelled with suprise. He stood outside, His hair dripping wet. His clothes tainted by the rain. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside. "What are you doing? Do you have a death wish or something?" I said sternly. "I wanted to see you before school, Since im leaving for vacation soon." I couldn't help but be flattered. I smiled. "Do you wanna know something, Beth?" He said. Holding my hand tightly. Like he would never let go. "What?" I asked. "I see sparks fly whenever you smile."