:: 1 :: karlwastaken - makeup ::

the sun shone brightly through the white blinds that hung in front of the window. the alarm clock that sat on a small bedside table in the bedroom of the house read 6:47am. in the bed next to the bedside table laid two figures. one was a boy with dirty blonde hair. he had freckles scattered all over his face and his green eyes seemed to shine in the sunlight. he wore a plain white tee with some sports shorts. he was laid beside the second figure , holding the other close with one arm as the other arm had his hand gently ruffling through the light brown hair of the male next to him. the boy who laid still next to the dirty blonde had fluffy brown hair. his eyes were a dull blue , to the point where they were almost gray. he wore a tan shirt with gray sweatpants. the boy was cuddled close to the other. both were very comfortable in each other's presence.

the brunette slowly opened his eyes. he'd been awake for some time now , but he hadn't wanted to get up. he was met with the soft gaze of the green-eyed boy , watching as a small smile crept onto his face.

" well , good morning sleepy head. " the male teased , leaning down and pressing a small kiss to the fluffy haired boy's forehead.

" i'll have you know that i've been awake for quite a bit now mr. clay. " the boy responded with that bit of sass he always had every once in a while. he recieved a small chuckle to his response.

" alright , no need to get so defensive , mr. karl. " clay responded , mocking the boy that was beside him.

karl could feel a small smile tug at his lips as he hugged himself closer to the boy he was deeply in love with. whenever he was with clay , it felt that time had stopped completely and everything was perfect.

" don't you think we should get up at do something soon ? " clay questioned as he observed the adorable boy in front of him.

" mmm , how about we just lay here all day instead ? " karl suggested , a yawn following his response.

clay rolled his eyes with a small laugh. " we're not staying in bed all day. as cute as you look and how nice that sounds , we should be productive. " he tried to persuade the brunette.

" but clayyyy ! " karl whined with a small pout. he let out a small huff before continuing. " fiiine , but we get to lay here for another five minutes at least. " the boy tried to offer.

" alright , fine. " clay nodded in agreement.

the brunette smiled as he got his way and cuddled close into dream. he felt safe in his presence. it felt like nothing bad could happen when they were together.

clay continued to gently comb his fingers through the fluffy hair of the shorter male , getting lost in thought as he admired karl.

an idea struck his mind and pulled him out of his thoughts. " stay here , i'll be right back. " clay told the boy as he pulled his body away from karl and got out of the shared bed. there was a very clear whine of disapproval from the boy who was now laying alone on the bed.

" calm down , i'll just be a minute. " clay chuckled as he left the room to head towards the bathroom.

not even two minutes later , the dirty blonde was walking back into the room with his hands full of makeup that they'd had in the house for some reason. karl seemed a little confused when he watched as dream set the items on the bed before climbing back in himself.

" let me do your makeup. " the green-eyed boy said with a soft smile , seeming quite enthusiastic about it.

" as long as i get to lay right here and you don't make me look like a clown , then fine. " karl laughed , finding it adorable how ecstatic clay seemed to be when he brought up the idea.

clay couldn't help but to let out a small wheeze at karl's response. " i won't don't worry. i'm the master of doing people's makeup. "

" that is quite literally the biggest lie i think i've ever heard come out of your mouth. " karl teased.

with a roll of his eyes , clay situated himself between karl's legs as he grabbed a brush and an eyeshadow palette. " okay , okay , now kindly shut up and close your eyes. "

the brunette did as his boyfriend asked and closed his eyes. opening the palette , clay placed it on karl's chest as a resting spot for it. it wasn't long before he was lightly dusting the boy's eyelids with the powder. he tried to pick out shades that he personally thought complimented karl and his skin tone. he'd done karl's makeup before , but he never did anything too eccentric and he never quite planned to either. he wasn't the skilled in makeup and he didn't really care to be either.

the boys sat in almost complete silence , occasionally exchanging a few words through short conversations. besides that , the birds chirping were the only major sound that filled the room. it was peaceful and it was a very comfortable silence as well.

clay gently closed the makeup palette , reaching to the side for another one. he wasn't great at makeup , but that wouldn't stop karl from letting the precious blonde do his makeup. those moments were some of his favorites and he cherished them. it felt like the brunette's world stopped spinning when they were both so engaged in these small moments in their lives. they were perfect.

it never took clay too long to finish karl's makeup and about 10 minutes later he was finished painting on the pretty canva of his boyfriend's face. he'd always adored the boy when he wore makeup and encouraged him to try to wear it much more often , seeing as how karl actually knew how to do makeup much better than clay did.

the green-eyed boy pulled his phone out and opened it up to his camera. " okay , okay , now open your eyes. " he said quite eagerly as he placed the phone in karl's hand.

the brunette boy smiled , letting out a small laugh as he opened his eyes. clay always got so excited about the smallest things , but he did too so he couldn't say too much. it was adorable in his eyes though. karl absolutely loved seeing his pretty boyfriend this happy over something like makeup.

lifting up the phone , karl pointed the front facing camera towards himself , smiling at the soft tones of eyeshadow clay had applied. " you've gotten much better , i'll give you that. " he commented. " but i love it regardless. just like how i love you regardless. "

" you're so sappy. "

" but you know you love me. "

" i know i do. "

" now get down here and cuddle me. "

right after speaking , karl pulled clay down into a laying position , though the dirty blonde was more on top of him that next to him , but he could work with that.

regardless , clay moved himself to lay right next to karl , who had already embraced him in a close hug. the smaller boy buried his face into the taller's chest.

" i love you so much clay. " the clingy boy spoke , though his words were muffled.

smiling softly , dream kissed the top of karl's head before responding ,

" i love you too , karl. "

and just like that , clay's planned productive day faded into nothing as the boys laid in each other's comfort as they had when they first woke up.

word count : 1275