𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

"Do you want to find out?"

•*•

It had finally become the day that the Morelli woman had been anxiously waiting for.

   Her heels had echoed down the desolate halls, the briefcase in her right hands holding every necessary piece of information that would either make her proposal a go or a complete failure.
But the latter wasn't an option. She was leaving this building with an agreement or a confession. Cause for damn sure, her proposal held much value for everyone.

Her strides remained steady, the darkest ochre hues of her eyes told anyone she was prepared for whatever was to come. She wasn't nervous, she was calm. Her relaxed nature was built with a un-staggering confidence that could cause anyone to stumble back.

Though she was to miss the auction in Doncaster, there would at least be another win today. She was sure of it.

Approaching two double doors, a man stood outside of it analyzing the woman coming forth. He didn't seem to spare her a longing glance, he knew what she was here for. Not paying any mind to the nearing woman, the well dressed man opened the doors for her to walk through. Giving him a small nod in passing, Leticia continued her strides into the large room.

Quickly running her eyes over the decor of the room, she hummed in her head at the structure of the very space. A wide table sat in the middle surrounded by unoccupied cushioned chairs, three men having already situated in their seats. Portraits lined the walls in brass framing, a delicate floral painted vase sat on a smaller side table near a bookshelf filled to the brim with hard spine books.

The Morelli woman brought her eyes back to the massive table taking up most of the space in the room. Choosing the spot directly in front of the men, Lettie stood in front of her chair, her leather briefcase plopping ontop the wooden surface causing the noise to blare in the quiet room.

The men looked to one another silently before the man between the other two stood up, the rest following his movements politely. Nodding his head to the only woman in the room, the fellow in a black tie greeted, "Miss Morelli, I presume?"

Interlocking her hands in front of her, the curly haired brunette gave her own short nod in respect, "Indeed, I am. You must be Director Spencer Collins."

A small smile broke out on his lips as his hands remained placed behind his back, "Yes, ma'am," looking to his colleagues who stood beside him, he continued introducing them, "This is Attorney William Sharpe and Doctor Richard Thompson."

The Sharpe man gave her a quick nod but immediately adverted his stare, his hands trying to find something to do but in the end had fell short. Lettie then came to the conclusion this was the person she'd have more trouble getting across too. It seemed he already had his own opinions in mind.