Condition

-----------

Mike smirked and cleaned the corner of his mouth staring in Tinnah's direction until she was out of his sight.

"What a nice day!" he mumbled as he slipped on his coffee looking at the eats he had taken from Tinnah a while.

"How can someone be that heartless to the extent of taking someone else's food?" she complained to herself as she walked.

Tinnah stretched her hand and observed her wristwatch before cursing out loud "Fuck! It's already time for my interview"

"I can't be late" she panicked

She boarded a taxi and ordered the driver to drive with his all until he stopped in front of a skyscraper. She had no time to admire the building since she was already ten minutes late and just ran straight inside.

------------

"Are you Miss Tinnah?" asked the man who was wearing a tuxedo as he slightly pushed his glasses

"Yes, I am,"

"You are late for almost fifteen minutes the boss must be waiting." said the man as he looked at his watch

"I'm so sorry." she apologized

He led the way toward what he called his boss' office as Tinnah trailed behind him

"Knock, Knock"

A male figure was sitting inside the room facing the wall holding what seemed to be a document in his hands when he had a knock on his cabin door.

"Come in"

"I'm so sorry sir that I'm late. I was caught up with something but please don't send me out before being interviewed," Tinnah begged to bow her head narrowly.

The man didn't say a thing but smiled turning his Aeron chair and facing Tinnah. Her eyes almost poked out of her eyes and her jaw dropped when she saw who the interviewer was.

"It's you again?" she asked in a surprised tone as she pointed her index finger at the man

"What do you think? Seems that we are fated to be together." said the man with a smirk on his face

"Not on my interview day," Tinnah thought inwardly as she awkwardly looked around the room

    "Wait, have you guys met before?" Job asked pointing at both Mike and Tinnah
"None of your fucking business," Mike replied playing with the documents

   "Others were scolded for being a minute late but he's behaving like she's not late for freaking 15 minutes. Could it be she's one of his friends with benefits (bed friends)" Job thought inwardly as he rubbed his ears

"Anything else to say to me? Job. " Mike asked

"Ahh no. No boss. I'm leaving." Job replied walking out of the cabinet. He slammed the door and leaned against it attempting to eavesdrop on what his boss was going to say but to his horror, the door opened and he went swinging his butt hitting the ground.

"Ouch!" he playful said

"What was that about?" Mike asked

"Well, I forgot something and wanted to pick it up." Job lied

"Oh go on,"

"Such a heartless boss! Can't even say sorry." Job complained as he got up.

All those minutes Tinnah was standing in front of the table watching the drama between the boss and his secretary. She didn't say a word since she was already scared that she had offended Mike back in the cafe.

   "I forgot to introduce myself earlier 'I'm Job Parker Mr. Mike's secretary and childhood friend," he said extending his hand for a handshake.

"Tinnah Williams" she introduced herself forcing a smile

"Is this a blind date?" Mike yelled as he gave Job a warning look.

"I have to go." Said Job still shaking Tinnah's hand

................

Tinnah sat on the chair facing her boss to be if she pass the interview but her hopes were too little due to what happened minutes back

"I'm Mike Wang the CEO of this company and I will be your interviewer."

He always attends the interviews himself because he considered it a way of keeping his company moving forward.

"So Tinnah Williams, why are you interested in joining our company when there are many companies out which are better than us who would like to hire you?" asked Mike.

"Huh well, I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting fast moving company and I feel my skills are particularly well suited to this position. I believe I have the type of knowledge to succeed in this role and at the company because I'm excited about this job opportunity, as it would allow me to." Tinnah replied confidently.

Mike took a deep breath and stared at Tinnah for some seconds before saying  "I didn't expect a nosy girl like you to have such an amazing answer. I'm moved.

"It's my pleasure."

"You have passed the interview," Mike declared openly

"What? What I did pass." happily said Tinnah getting up from her seat

She always dreamed of working in an MTC design company ever since she was in school. She couldn't believe that she had got the job as the head designer in her dream company.

"But" her smile slowly faded away as Mike's voice rang

"But?"

"On one condition."

"What! On one condition? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Hear me out before freaking out."

Vote for my work, comment, and let me know how you feel about this chapter.