On the hunt - [Aloy]

First Person

I am sitting in the tall grass, with a bow in my hand. The Ravager I'm fighting lost the sight of me, now surching for me. Perfect just one hit with an arrow and his machine parts are mine. I am on the hunt for multiple machine parts, hoping to finally finish the new bow that I am currently working on. Way better than the one I'm using now. I want the bow to be lighter but still with much power to make alot of damage and also a better aiming. I might be pretty good with the bow but my aiming could definitely use some work.

I draw my bow, aiming on the head. I breath in and out. I need total concentration. Now is the best time, I let go of the bow string letting the arrow fly directly towards it's head. This is a very good shot, the Ravager will deffinetly not survive this one. Suddenly, before the arrow hits the head another arrow came hitting it perfectly, killing the Savager before my arrow could. I stand up shocked looking around to see from who that arrow came from. Just to be met with a very familiar redhead.

„Aloy! That was my kill!" I said pouting „It was such a good shot.". „Sorry but you were to slow." Aloy says with a sly grin. „Whatever..." I reply while walking over to the Savager, searching for the pieces I need. „Weren't you supposed to get POSEIDON?" I ask. „Yes and I did but weren't you supposed to be staying in the base?" Aloy answered accusingly. I roll my eyes. On the last mission to get AETHER, I got hurt while Regalla attacked the Tenakth. It wasn't a bad injury just a little gash on my leg making me limp a bit. Since then Aloy kept a close watch over me and didn't let me come with her to get POSEIDON, even if my leg was better again. Zo did a great job tending the injury.

„Yes I was but I got bored and since my leg is better again I thought I search for the pieces I need for the bow I'm working on." I axplain casually. Now it was Aloys turn to roll with her eyes „This is not a game (Y/N)! What if something happened to you? I wasn't in the base or near you to help." she said angry but with concern in her voice. I sigh „I don't need you to babysit me. I'm a big girl and also there's Varl, Erend, Zo or even Kotallo to help. There's a reason we all have a Focus.". That sounded a bit more sassy than I intended. Aloy furrows her brow, while I pick up the last machine part I need and stand up again. „That's not the poi-" Aloy starts, which I quickly interrupt „I'm going back to the base.". Walking past her it didn't take long for her to follow me.

Back at the base me and Aloy are greeted by Zo „Hey you two. Looks like you found her Aloy." Aloy nods. „How is the leg (Y/N)?" she asks. „Everything okay. As good as new." I answer with a smile. „Good to hear but I would like to check over it again. Just to be save." I nod sitting down on one of the chairs.

The whole time Zo checked on my injury Aloy stands behind Zo not leaving her eyes of me one second. Zo didn't mind it but I felt a little bit akward. Of course Erend made a joke about it but Aloy didn't seem to listen. „Looks good. The leg is almost fully healed." Zo says. Aloy lets out a breath that she holded in. Varl came and stops next to Zo „I think maybe you two need a little talk." he says a bit awkwardly. Aloy and I look at each other and nod. We made our way over to our shared room closing the door.

„Sorry for earlier, I was a bit mean." I start. „No it's ok. You are right, you don't need someone to babysit you, it's just..." She cuts herself off looking to the side not making eye contact. Yes I understand. I was her first friend since we were kids. Even though she was an outsider I sneaked away to met her. After HADES was defeated we admitted that we felt more than just friendship between each other. „I know. You don't want to lose me, just like I don't want to lose you. That's why I got so frustrated when you said I should stay in the base and you get POSEIDON on your own. I was so worried and wanted to take my mind off of this and dicided to go hunting for the machine parts." I admit. Aloy looks at me again smiling „Looks like we both need to work on that." „I quess we do." I answer. Aloy takes my hand in hers and pulls me into her arms. We stayed like that for a few minutes.

Second Person

„Finally they sorted that out." Erend says „It was getting annoying to listen how they worry about each other.". „Don't be mean." Zo chimed in. „I am not mean. I am just saying the truth. Right Varl?" Erend asks, all eyes now on Varl. „Well... I wouldn't say annoying is the right word. I'm glad that they sorted it through and were able to talk with each other." Varl answers a bit caught of gard. Zo just nods while Erend shakes his head.

What an interesting day...