iv. our heroes

☟"It can't be

"It can't be...Is it?"

Yasmina said, astonished at the light ahead in the distance bouncing off the trees,

"I'm seeing it, too" Brooklynn said looking just as dazed,

"Me three.." Camille added as she was now standing up on the crates behind them all, using her bat for balance.

"That is most def a bonfire..."

The group of campers moves closer to the edge as their hope began to rise, "People. People!" Sammy said happier than before, "Someone got our SOS signal..!" Kenji held his head grinning widely.

"Let's go find them!!" Darius threw his arms up in the air, "It's time to go home!"

Each of the kids took a different path to the ground but the moment they did they took a few sharp sticks, Camille and Brooklynn grabbed bats before they began running and running until it felt like their lungs would burst.

Brooklynn pulled herself up into a tree looking over to see the smoke still there. "Yes! We're getting closer" She called down as everybody cheered as they kept on running, Kenji climbed up a tree seeing they were even closer than before earning even more cheers until Darius climbed up into a tree.

The trail of smoke had disappeared.

"The bonfire, it's gone..." Darius dropped from the tree as everybody was trying to catch their breaths though at the sound of the news everybody's faces dropped.

"What if they left? What if the people who came to save us gave up and we missed our chance?"

Everybody looked at one another with sad looks on their faces until they heard loud, repeated roars coming from every direction as they huddled into a small group holding up the weapons they had which weren't very promising.

"Could be a really big Compy, right?"

"Darius, didn't you say they were creepo skylarks?" Kenji butchered what Darius had said to him,

"I said they were crepuscular--" Out of the bushes, a Ceratosaurus burst through as everybody screamed slipping over from the scare before they all began sprinting from the large dinosaur.